2016 Hoyt bows

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Have they been released yet?

spydermon

They have and I'm just not impressed. The 7" bh is good but they got slower than I expected and the risers just look a little off for me

Brewskis

Yeah, I was kinda surprised to see both 34" A2A bows are slightly slower than my Faktor 34 and CS34 from 2014, but man, totally didn't expect so much new stuff. Cam system, limbs, aluminum and carbon riser designs, UA Ridge Reaper Camo option, etc.

Also, if I'm reading it right, it looks like AirShox are no longer standard equipment?

I'm really liking the non-carbon Defiant 34. However, most likely won't happen for me this year. Maybe this means the Nitrum 34 I saw locally will soon get a steep discount..

spydermon

I'm just not understanding the really short bows. The string angle would be extremely steep if your draw was 27 or more. If you're really short and have a very short draw, then it could work, but I just don't get it. I donthink understand the "need " for a short treestand bow or blind bow..those are excuses, not good ideas. A very short bow will be very "tippy" to me

j53

I'm just not understanding the really short bows. The string angle would be extremely steep if your draw was 27 or more. If you're really short and have a very short draw, then it could work, but I just don't get it. I donthink understand the "need " for a short treestand bow or blind bow..those are excuses, not good ideas. A very short bow will be very "tippy" to me

Got several 30" draw guys blistering it with a 30" ata bow out to 80 yds and one guy showin out at a 100 so dont let the short ata bother ya.. had more robin hoods with that 30" nitrum than any bow we've ever sold. From guys who have never done it before, the 30" bows are stupid accurate and I wouldnt be scared of the 28" either

Kris87

I was hoping for something more than what I saw. I will have to wait and see how they shoot before I pass any judgement. I don't care for the limb stop option, as I wouldn't want one on a hybrid cam bow. I'm unsure how the limb design and cam system will feel compared to the Z5 cam which is nice. It has to feel better, or be much quieter, for Hoyt to allow the bow to be slower than what they've been offering.

reylamb

Couple notes.......

The BH overall are higher than last year....
The cams have more adjustments on the cam for DL changes...

Those 2 factors will account for the slightly lower DL this year.

fountain

Got several 30" draw guys blistering it with a 30" ata bow out to 80 yds and one guy showin out at a 100 so dont let the short ata bother ya.. had more robin hoods with that 30" nitrum than any bow we've ever sold. From guys who have never done it before, the 30" bows are stupid accurate and I wouldnt be scared of the 28" either

had a couple of the 30" bows so far and they were ok and I shot them decent, but I don't see it in that 28. I like the turbo length and the 34. most will have a dl longer than the bow

need to shoot the new ones and see if they are right about the shorter bows shooting and feeling like a longer one

so far the pse carbon air is looking sweet and I bet the elite impulse 34 is a sweet shooter...but cant leave hoyt. my bow man would disown me...

Cole Henry

I was hoping for something more than what I saw. I will have to wait and see how they shoot before I pass any judgement. I don't care for the limb stop option, as I wouldn't want one on a hybrid cam bow. I'm unsure how the limb design and cam system will feel compared to the Z5 cam which is nice. It has to feel better, or be much quieter, for Hoyt to allow the bow to be slower than what they've been offering.

Come on Kris you know ya like that new Elite line for 2016 :D

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
How can I see pictures? I can't find any.

GregoryB.

So when should the 2015 bows go on sale. Looked at a new one today I think the Nitrum 34 . Don't need a new bow but it wouldn't be the first thing I purchased ( for a good price) that I didn't need.