2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Front office don't care if any of us "believe" or not, because they don't.

DannyW

Who knows how this season is going to end, but for me it's already been a success. Who out there would have thought the Braves would be in a pennant race in mid-August?

My original prediction was that the Braves would win "80-85 games"...it's out there on this thread so I have to own it. But barring a complete meltdown, they will outstrip my prediction.

And I will be delighted to be wrong.

westcobbdog

Danny I agree, its free baseball from here on in. Got about 50 games or so to grind through. Gonna come down to the last 2 weeks where about the last 10 games are vs the fills.

BornToHuntAndFish

Despite giving up 19-hits, it was a fine win Sunday for the Braves to take the series & move back to a tie for 1st place with the Phillies losing. Sorry for Newcomb to have a bad game. Hope Monday's double header & series with the Marlins help move ahead of the Phils. Looking forward to starting pitcher Toussaint to have a good debut performance in the 1st game of the doubleheader.

Braves smash 3 homers in the 8-7 victory: 8/12/18

Daily Recap: Ozzie Albies belted the go-ahead homer in the 7th, while Dansby Swanson and Ronald Acuna Jr. each hit two-run jacks in

Braves twitter highlights:

.@ronaldacunajr24 hit his 15th career home run today, becoming just the third #Braves player to reach that mark prior to his 21st birthday. The other two were Andruw Jones (26 total) and Eddie Mathews (25).

Tie ballgame courtesy of a 2-run blast from @LieutenantDans7!

A solo shot from @ozzie puts the #Braves back in front!

DkbjNoPWwAUYfSr.jpg

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/touki-toussaint-to-make-mlb-debut-for-braves/c-290005674

Toussaint on track for MLB debut in twin bill

Braves' No. 7 prospect slated to start opener vs. Marlins

i

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
They have had a good run so far but they will fade right after the All Star break.
The Braves may not win another game this season , but u got to love these predictions a month after the all star break, still in first place ?

HunterJoe24

Who knows how this season is going to end, but for me it's already been a success. Who out there would have thought the Braves would be in a pennant race in mid-August?

My original prediction was that the Braves would win "80-85 games"...it's out there on this thread so I have to own it. But barring a complete meltdown, they will outstrip my prediction.

And I will be delighted to be wrong.

That's what I was thinking before the season as well. They are about a year ahead of schedule imo. They sure are a lot of fun to watch this year. That is, until Freeman comes in and gives up 4-5 runs off the bench:deadhorse:

Coenen

Just came to drop the news about Touki getting the start today. Excited to finally see him, dude's curveball looks like a cartoon!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The Braves may not win another game this season , but u got to love these predictions a month after the all star break, still in first place ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rockon:

The season ain't over yet.:wink:

They did manage to pull it out yesterday but remind me again about how many hits the Brewers had against our "crack" pitching staff?

biggdogg

They had 19... and lost. Last I checked, it's the number under the "R" in the box score that counts...

They did manage to pull it out yesterday but remind me again about how many hits the Brewers had against our "crack" pitching staff?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They had 19... and lost. Last I checked, it's the number under the "R" in the box score that counts...

If the Brewers got 19 hits imagine what the Phillies would do to us with 19 hits. It will take more than "2 out magic" for the Bravos to win in a contest like that.

Coenen

You say that as if the Brewers haven't been good this season.

HunterJoe24

The brewers are good hitters, but allowing 19 hits and somehow winning is not the way to go. If we keep that up then the usual September tank is coming

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

I was just pointing out that the all star break is long gone , by the way , another win just happened !

DannyW

Acuna has re-inserted himself into the ROY race. And I thought Toussaint had an outstanding debut. Yes it was the Marlins. And yes, he still needs to work on his control. But when you mix a mid-90's fastball with a sinking change (fork ball?), and layer in a top shelf curveball, he has the kind of stuff that misses bats.

From an admittedly small sample size, I think Toussaint is more MLB ready than Allard, with probably a higher ceiling. Not sure of their plans for the rest of the season but Toussaint could contribute in some role over the last 6 weeks.

BornToHuntAndFish

Great way to begin today's twin bill with a win thanks to another Braves promoted starting pitcher from minors bringing needed winning momentum to the big leagues, coupled with double digit hitting highlighted with a 5-run 6th-inning. Hope there's enough good hitting & pitching left in the tank for another win in the 2nd game.

Acuna, Toussaint lead Braves to win: 8/13/18

Daily Recap: Ronald Acuna Jr. homered and drove in three, and Touki Toussaint went six strong frames to win his debut start

Braves twitter highlights:

Ronald Acuña Jr. led off today's game with a HR for @Braves. It's his 9th HR since the All-Star Break, tied for 3rd-most in MLB.

The only players with a higher slugging percentage than Acuña since the All-Star break are Matt Carpenter, Khris Davis and J.D. Martinez.

.@ronaldacunajr24 has homered in three straight games, matching the longest such streak by a #Braves player this season (also @cculberson16 and @FreddieFreeman5).

He also became the first #Braves player to homer from the leadoff spot in three straight games since 2004, when Rafael Furcal hit four homers in a three-game span, July 7-July 10.

.@ToukiToussaint became the third #Braves starter to win his MLB debut this season, joining @Mike_Soroka28 and @KolbyAllard. The Braves are one of seven teams over the last 110 seasons to have at least three starters win their major league debut.

It was an @MLB debut to remember for @Braves No. 7 prospect Touki Toussaint, who allowed just 1 run on 2 hits over 6 frames

DkgdkjEXgAEm20S.jpg

DkgY7iaXoAAtVvf.jpg

DkgNjRhWsAEo54n.jpg

DkgkAAEUUAEJfIO.jpg

Dkgf8RuW0AEHD9r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.