2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
What's the record for number of runs walked in by a major league team in a season ?

biggdogg

Unfortunately the Braves pen could go a week without a walk and still lead MLB. I believe they're up 61-44 in the walks department. Folty will wind up in the pen by the deadline. Soroka will be ready in a few weeks and Allard isn't far behind. Folty just throws way too many pitches and doesn't pitch near deep enough in ball games to be a starter.

If Allard and Soroka are both ready by the deadline, McCarthy, Sanchez or Teheran (one can only hope...) gets traded and Folty goes to the pen.

toyota4x4h

Yeah pretty rough night until they get the bullpen figured out they cant be a threat imo. And they should bench Freeman he walks everyone just about it.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Jeez that was hard to watch.

Has been for a VERY long time!

Oh well, going to a Gwinnett game on Friday night. My 9 year old gets to be a ball boy.

No way I'm watching the Pro's..

Patriot44

Banned
Has been for a VERY long time!

Oh well, going to a Gwinnett game on Friday night. My 9 year old gets to be a ball boy.

No way I'm watching the Pro's..

That is awesome! We were going to the Rome game Sunday but got rained out.

toyota4x4h

We may make one trip to the big show this year later on like September or so but we always just hit up the lookouts or rome. 7$ a ticket for front row cant be beat if ya ask me.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
We may make one trip to the big show this year later on like September or so but we always just hit up the lookouts or rome. 7$ a ticket for front row cant be beat if ya ask me.

Not to mention, as a Vol fan.. What else do you have to look forward too in September?? :pop:

BornToHuntAndFish

Unfortunately the Braves pen could go a week without a walk and still lead MLB. I believe they're up 61-44 in the walks department. Folty will wind up in the pen by the deadline. Soroka will be ready in a few weeks and Allard isn't far behind. Folty just throws way too many pitches and doesn't pitch near deep enough in ball games to be a starter.

If Allard and Soroka are both ready by the deadline, McCarthy, Sanchez or Teheran (one can only hope...) gets traded and Folty goes to the pen.

Yep, Braves may have more pitching & hitting options ready & available in the not too distant future.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/flowers-bautista-acuna-to-bolster-braves/c-273528568

Deeper Braves lineup? Snitker dreaming of it

Manager excited for forthcoming additions of Flowers, Bautista, Acuna

Mike Soroka is likely at least six weeks away from being added to Atlanta's rotation. But the highly touted right-hander proved that he's close to being Major League-ready as he pitched a three-hit, seven-inning shutout during the 1-0 win Gwinnett notched in the first game of Monday's doubleheader.

Soroka has posted a 1.99 ERA and limited opponents to a .207 batting average through his first four starts for Gwinnett. The 20 year old ranks 31st on MLB Pipeline's Top 100 Prospects list. The general consensus entering the season was that as long as Soroka continued to impress, he might join Atlanta's rotation at some point in June.

As Bautista, Flowers and Acuna prepared for Triple-A Gwinnett's Monday doubleheader in Rochester, none of them had a definitive arrival date. But there's at least a chance all three could join Atlanta's lineup by the end of this week, or at least by the time this current road trip concludes on May 3.

Bautista is less than a week removed from signing his Minor League deal. But the six-time All-Star and two-time American League Hank Aaron Award winner has impressed enough with his physical condition and skills to give reason to think he might replace Ryan Flaherty as Atlanta's third baseman by the time the Braves play Friday's series opener in Philadelphia.

Following the first game of Monday's doubleheader, Flowers is also slated to serve as Gwinnett's starting catcher on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. The veteran catcher has been sidelined since straining his left oblique muscle during the second inning on Opening Day. These games this week will give him a sense of whether he could be ready to be activated as early as this weekend's series in Philadelphia.

AND

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/braves-recall-prospect-max-fried-from-triple-a/c-273632466

Braves recall prospect Fried from Triple-A

Max Fried has been promoted to the Major League level to provide the Braves the long-relief option they might need over the remainder of this week.

The Braves recalled Fried and designated right-handed reliever Miguel Socolovich for assignment before Tuesday night's game against the Reds at Great American Ball Park.

Last edited:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Here we go again. Bases loaded and TWO Infield hits result in 2 runs

Coenen

After their showing against a Mets team that was supposed to be pretty good, of course they'd mess up and not be able to kick an awful Reds team while they're down.

Ups and downs. Ebbs and flows. It's a marathon not a sprint, and all of that.
That and it should be cooler for a toddler lol
As if we're experiencing a shortage of cool weather! :bounce:

toyota4x4h

After their showing against a Mets team that was supposed to be pretty good, of course they'd mess up and not be able to kick an awful Reds team while they're down.

Ups and downs. Ebbs and flows. It's a marathon not a sprint, and all of that.
As if we're experiencing a shortage of cool weather! :bounce:

I’d like to go now but it’s hard to carry a 3 week old who nurses the natural way every hour lol

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I’d like to go now but it’s hard to carry a 3 week old who nurses the natural way every hour lol

Wait, what? You're breast feeding? Dang, you Vols are something else! ::ke: :rofl:

BornToHuntAndFish

Way to go Braves adding 4-runs to tie the game up in the top of the 9th-inning.

Hope they can hold 'em in the bottom of the 9th & try to make it into extra innings.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Markakis is a hit machine

red neck richie

8 walks in one game is not acceptable. I would have chewed out my little league team for that and told them how we gave the game away. For so called major leaguers to give up that many walks. Flat out embarrassing. When are they going to get veteran pitching to set the example? AKA Greg Maddux type free agent. Houston did it with Verlander.

Coenen

Markakis is a hit machine
Always has been. Dude is just a solid ball player, and has been throughout his career. I'll miss him when he finally moves on.

When are they going to get veteran pitching to set the example? AKA Greg Maddux type free agent. Houston did it with Verlander.
Houston was also knocking the door down to win it all. We're not quite there yet. It'll be later this season or next season before they're looking to add that sort of piece. The "veteran as mentor" narrative is mostly crap anyway. Players play. Coaches develop players. These kids need to trust their stuff, and pound the zone. Those that learn to do so will stick, the rest will be gone.

The guys in the field are pretty much set. All they need now is to get glasses for some of these "Wild Things" and it'll really start to come together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.