2018 Braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Telling the boss who to play and where..

Attachments

• ECD1CD99-5B21-4596-BECE-20346C4675AC.jpg
    ECD1CD99-5B21-4596-BECE-20346C4675AC.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 85

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hope Little Slayer did not get thrown out the game.

Patriot44

Banned
Have you guys looked at the batting averages? Holy Moly!!!!:hair:

Acuna is .417 and they have like 7 player .290 and up. :cool:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
1/2 game back. Loving this farm team rising. This is what we have waited for, for three seasons! If you look into the farm system, the 90's are back; we have prospects 4 deep.

Go Bravo's!

Wake me up at the All Star break.:bounce:

BornToHuntAndFish

Lots of good words about him, especially from his Braves majors peers.

Little Slayer going thru the lineup and rules at the G-Braves..

Cool. Expect it made his day being there & out on the field.

A couple updates setting a record & losing a player . . .

Ronald Acuña Jr. collected two more hits yesterday, giving him 10 this season. That total is the most hits in Atlanta franchise history through a player’s first six career games.

The Texas Rangers have claimed C Carlos Pérez off waivers.

Coenen

Wake me up at the All Star break.:bounce:
You're gonna miss some entertaining baseball. There'll be some clunkers too, but these guys are fun to watch right now.

biggdogg

Newcomb went toe to toe with deGrom, arguably the best pitcher in the Mets staff. 7 innings of 2 hit baseball and the bats came alive in the 5th, putting 7 runs on the board. Up to the pen now.

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice decisive shutout win. Feels good for Braves to move into 1st place a half game ahead of 2nd place Mets.

Time = 2:19

Newcomb dominant in Braves' 7-0 win: 5/2/18

Published on May 2, 2018

Daily Recap: Sean Newcomb tossed seven scoreless innings of two-hit ball, while the Braves put up a four-run 8th to coast to a 7-0 victory

Last edited:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Great Win !

Patriot44

Banned
Fiah!!

elfiii, they are fun to watch and that may not last. You got to get while the getting is good! :bounce:

biggdogg

Fiah!!

elfiii, they are fun to watch and that may not last. You got to get while the getting is good! :bounce:

Honestly, with this young core that is hungry, I think this is sustainable. Will they make the playoffs this year? Probably not. But I do think a winning record is a legitimate possibility. Bring in a staff ace (Keuchel) and a young catcher (Realmuto) this offseason and anything is possible.

Patriot44

Banned
Honestly, with this young core that is hungry, I think this is sustainable. Will they make the playoffs this year? Probably not. But I do think a winning record is a legitimate possibility. Bring in a staff ace (Keuchel) and a young catcher (Realmuto) this offseason and anything is possible.

If they sustain what they are doing they will make the playoffs, I think they get tired in the heat of the summer and go back to .500 team.

DannyW

If they sustain what they are doing they will make the playoffs, I think they get tired in the heat of the summer and go back to .500 team.

I agree...sooner or later they will wake up and realize where they are.

But here is the thing...they are relevant again. Even during Chipper's last years when they made the playoffs you thought "so what"? You couldn't get real excited because those teams were pretty much as good as they were going to get, and that was not good enough to win it all. This group has a much, much higher ceiling.

Their bullpen is the most glaring weakness right now. But that can be fixed as they start sifting though the gazillion starting pitchers in the farm system and reassign some of them to the bullpen. And they need to find or trade for a shut-down closer.

My personal guess is they win 80-85 games this year, maybe 90+ next year and make the playoffs, and then who knows in 2020...might be a special year.

But what do I know...we could be seeing a reincarnation of the 1991 Braves....a lot of similarities between this team and the 1991 team.

biggdogg

Even if they can keep playing the way they're playing right now, they won't beat the Nationals over the course of the full season. Washington will wake up and blow the doors off of the East. And one Wild Card comes from the West with the other coming from either the West or the Central. The East won't have a Wild Card team this season.

Patriot44

Banned
Even if they can keep playing the way they're playing right now, they won't beat the Nationals over the course of the full season. Washington will wake up and blow the doors off of the East. And one Wild Card comes from the West with the other coming from either the West or the Central. The East won't have a Wild Card team this season.

I wish Freeman would throat punch Harper when he runs through first. I have never hated a baseball player as much as I hate that jerk.

biggdogg

I wish Freeman would throat punch Harper when he runs through first. I have never hated a baseball player as much as I hate that jerk.

That is the truth!

BornToHuntAndFish

After yesterday's fine 3-HomeRun game win, Braves doing well in early game now with 3-HomeRuns leading 6-0 after 6-innings.

Teheran 2 AB for 2-hits today with a No-Hitter going through 6-innings.

DcPIiPfVwAAVtfK.jpg

DcPREF_W4AANHiD.jpg

DcPGqBzVMAA-MmD.jpg

Thursday, May 3, 2018

1st inning - Suzuki homered to left, Markakis scored.

5th inning - Acuña Jr. homered to left.

5th inning - Markakis homered to center, F. Freeman scored.

AND

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

7th inning - Inciarte homered to right center (384 feet), Newcomb scored.

8th inning - Camargo homered to left (377 feet), Markakis scored.

8th inning - Flaherty homered to center (424 feet).

Status
Not open for further replies.