2019 Oglethorpe County

transfixer

We've seen more does this year on our lease than in the last couple, and we haven't heard a lot of shots in our area, I haven't been there every weekend, but I have on the weekends when the weather was favorable, I'm home this weekend because of the predicted rain today, but will be at the lease by Tues or Wednesday morning,

If those numbers are an accurate reflection of less does killed this year than the last few ? I hope it continues and holds true ! Most hunters don't stop and think every doe killed removes more than just one from the population, sometimes 2 or 3, I enjoy seeing deer when I'm in the woods, even though I have no intention on taking the majority of them. I have my fingers crossed the weather stays favorable next week , it seems lately rain comes in only on weekends, or when I try to hunt :confused:

I know the deer don't care about rain, but now that I'm older,, its not as much fun to hunt in the rain as it once was,,, lol

Triple C

Holy Cow! Lexington got a Burger King! Grandson n I went to Bells bout lunch for chili ingredients. At 15, he eats like a freakin horse. His parents are in Israel so I get to let him eat what he wants. No granola bars with Pops when you’re 15. He hadn’t ate a Whopper ever. Ordered him a Dbl Whopper with cheese, large fries n Dr Pepper. He destroyed it. I ordered the tree hugger whopper (meatless) and was surprised at how good it was. Don’t know if it will continue but the service was fantastic. Really quick drive thru even with several in line.

Speaking of OC, as we rode by the court house I told him you would not find a more beautiful building in the southeast. Such an iconic court house. 180DBA43-3317-4906-A393-88E0DE31A87B.jpeg

Triple C

Meatless whopper?? ???
Yessir...Meatless Whopper. They got a name for it but I can’t remember it. Tasted sorta like meat. :eek2::biggrin2::rockon: I’m with Todd. Sitting this one out n watching the Dawgs. Grandson headed to ladder stand with a cover over it. He still gonna get wet. But he’s 15. I’d a done the same at that age.

Edit...Just saw where Todd was venturing out in this stuff. Maybe he n Jaden will both connect on a big un for venturing out.

Arrow3

Yessir...Meatless Whopper. They got a name for it but I can’t remember it. Tasted sorta like meat. :eek2::biggrin2::rockon: I’m with Todd. Sitting this one out n watching the Dawgs. Grandson headed to ladder stand with a cover over it. He still gonna get wet. But he’s 15. I’d a done the same at that age.

Edit...Just saw where Todd was venturing out in this stuff. Maybe he n Jaden will both connect on a big un for venturing out.
Oh I know what it is... the impossible whopper. I was just shocked you were eating it ?

Duff

Man, y’all have a great thread going. Im in Rayle, one lease is just across the line off Centerville. So I’m always checking to see what you guys have going on in the deer woods. Some great bucks killed in here!

Triple C

Man, y’all have a great thread going. Im in Rayle, one lease is just across the line off Centerville. So I’m always checking to see what you guys have going on in the deer woods. Some great bucks killed in here!
Thx Duff! You close enuf. Join in and let us know what’s happening in ur neck of the woods.

transfixer

Our lease is about 1/2 mile, maybe not quite a mile, from the Wilkes county line, we're off Bethesda Church rd.

Todd E

Friends, Hughy had surgery a few days ago to repair an issue. Was doing good. Pain erupted last night. CT scan showed a leak. He just got taken back for surgery again.

He is a great guy. Wonderful wife. Whether you believe in God and the power of prayer or not.....please think of he and his wife.

jbird1

The more the merrier. I'm active in the Madison County thread since we're on the line up there. The hunting reports have always been my favorite part of hunting for some reason..each hunter gets to tell his story after the hunt. The OC thread stays pretty active all year which is nice too. If you can't be in the woods personally, you can live vicariously through fellow hunters.

jbird1

Friends, Hughy had surgery a few days ago to repair an issue. Was doing good. Pain erupted last night. CT scan showed a leak. He just got taken back for surgery again.

He is a great guy. Wonderful wife. Whether you believe in God and the power of prayer or not.....please think of he and his wife.

Prayers sent...

transfixer

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers

Steven037

Been a week and a half but feels like forever since I’ve been out. Drove out to check on things and get an afternoon hunt in. Then back Friday after Thanksgiving. Fire tower taking deer again yet?

Buford_Dawg

Prayers here for Hughy. Windy and chilly this AM. Slow for us for most part though my buddy missed a doe ??. We get to rag him awhile.

Arrow3

Hughy is out. Stable. In icu for the night.

Thanks.
I text him this morning to see how he was feeling. I wondered why I hadn't heard from him. Thanks for the update.