2022 Oglethorpe County

Triple C

With this epic rain we’re having thought I’d do a lil throwback to Jan 1, 2016 when the mailman almost lost his life attempting to ford the creek at our property line. Got swept down the creek on Dec 31st bout 1/3 of a mile into our property.
53F8C825-F6A7-4C36-83D8-0ED6AABAFCE1.jpegE0A63E0C-6042-41CB-9BBB-7CD87896A08B.jpeg

Looking forward to another great year in Oglethorpe County boys!

Triple C

I’ll throw up the 1st hunting post of New Year. We have tmrw off so I came to farm today. Just got in the Redneck. Haven’t been here more than 2 minutes n pigs show up in S end of field.
8CA0806F-B793-4BD3-A4A4-C282C506ABA2.jpeg

Parked right behind blind again.
6AC5BD2C-B223-4E12-BAAD-D63D21EA9A02.jpeg

Brought grandkids .243 youth model with me using @Arrow3 ‘s ammo from last year. Stay tuned…
273C2CB1-803E-4C91-880F-6066254203F7.jpeg

Todd E

#peachow
Love it, Mr C. Aint nothing like dirt twerkin some pigs. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Im listening to the rain on the tin; wrapping up three bone heads. If this stuff stops, I will be out sloshing in the mud after dark. I hope it does because Reaper doesn't go out in the rain.

Triple C

#peachow
Love it, Mr C. Aint nothing like dirt twerkin some pigs. Thanks for letting us tag along.

Im listening to the rain on the tin; wrapping up three bone heads. If this stuff stops, I will be out sloshing in the mud after dark. I hope it does because Reaper doesn't go out in the rain.
waiting on something with nice bone to show up here while it’s raining. Looks like a nice break in the weather for later tonite. Get after em!

Souhternhunter17

Hunted in Oglethorpe on Friday morning. Warm, rainy, and foggy made for another hunt with no deer seen. My deer sightings on our Oglethorpe property dropped off significantly in December with the unseasonably warm weather we had. Guess it was inevietable with as good of a Oct-Nov I had down there. Was able to sneak in an afternoon hunt at my in-laws in Madison Co. on Saturday afternoon and shot a doe. Felt good to pull the trigger one last time and put some meat in the freezer. I am probably done for the season as my son is due to be born any day now! I have enjoyed following you all this season and will make it a point to stay regular here through the “offseason.”
7F974C25-8C36-4EDF-B98D-A8409266D7BF.jpeg

Last edited:

jbird1

Need to get down and kick around...it's been too long (since before Thanksgiving.) Basketball put a fork in late season hunting this year for us. I sure am glad that everyone seemed like they had great seasons this year and that the OC thread is thriving. Did anyone of y'all pick up that tract that TC was talking about? Chime in if you're the lucky one!

Triple C

Need to get down and kick around...it's been too long (since before Thanksgiving.) Basketball put a fork in late season hunting this year for us. I sure am glad that everyone seemed like they had great seasons this year and that the OC thread is thriving. Did anyone of y'all pick up that tract that TC was talking about? Chime in if you're the lucky one!
jbird - That tract didn't last a week until it was under contract. I'll be checking county website to see who picked that up as soon as they update.

Arrow3

I'm hualing trees every day . Gonna have some good brush piles built by the time crappie come off of bed in April. It's gonna be lots of hard work but it's the 1st step in becoming my own boss. February 3rd I will have worked for 25 years at Nakanishi in Winterville. My wife now has the option for state insurance for us now so I can pursue other avenues.
20220102_123629.jpg

Triple C

I'm hualing trees every day . Gonna have some good brush piles built by the time crappie come off of bed in April. It's gonna be lots of hard work but it's the 1st step in becoming my own boss. February 3rd I will have worked for 25 years at Nakanishi in Winterville. My wife now has the option for state insurance for us now so I can pursue other avenues.
View attachment 1126667
Hope you knock it out of the park A3! You certainly putting in the work. Keep us posted on your progress.