2023 QUOTA HUNTS

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I just received notice that I got Rum Creek 1st hunt. Does anybody have any experience there? I have never stepped foot on it and wondering how the bird numbers are. I will probably take a drive over there to have a look in the coming weeks.

Also, is there a possibility for me to turn the permit back in exchange for a preference point?

Thanks for any and all input.
Good luck , I’m pretty certain you can’t turn hunt down in exchange for a point

Gaswamp

got ponts again. 17 now got built up

BBond

I was rejected with 5 preference points in these 3 areas . I guess it takes more than 5 in these hunts.

1. River Creek
2. Joe Cruz
3. Clybel

Jim
It depends on your 1st choice.
If it was River Creek and the others were 2nd and 3rd choices then those quotas fill first with people who chose them as 1st choice.
They only continue selecting on 2nd choice if the quota didn't fill up with hunters who had selected 1st choice. And only onto 3rd choice if it didn't fill with hunters who picked it as 1st and 2d choice.

So often it fills with 1st choice hunters.

Doubt you needed 5 points for JK or Clybel if you had chosen them as your 1st choice.

Tulane81

I got drawn for Dukes Creek (Smithgall Woods). Have never done a quota hunt before. Do I just show up at check station day of and sign in? Is it only good for one day of the hunt or multiple days? Appreciate the help!

BBond

I got drawn for Dukes Creek (Smithgall Woods). Have never done a quota hunt before. Do I just show up at check station day of and sign in? Is it only good for one day of the hunt or multiple days? Appreciate the help!
For a regular WMA you can normally signin day before online or at kiosk. With this being a State Park you may want to check with them to make sure.

If you were drawn for one of the following
1676995362485.png
then you signin once and you're good for all 3 days. However, with this being a State Park its regs could be different than a normal WMA.

You can call 706.878.3087

turkeyhuntinfool

It depends on your 1st choice.
If it was River Creek and the others were 2nd and 3rd choices then those quotas fill first with people who chose them as 1st choice.
They only continue selecting on 2nd choice if the quota didn't fill up with hunters who had selected 1st choice. And only onto 3rd choice if it didn't fill with hunters who picked it as 1st and 2d choice.

So often it fills with 1st choice hunters.

Doubt you needed 5 points for JK or Clybel if you had chosen them as your 1st choice.
Thanks !!!

Tulane81

For a regular WMA you can normally signin day before online or at kiosk. With this being a State Park you may want to check with them to make sure.

If you were drawn for one of the following
View attachment 1211527
then you signin once and you're good for all 3 days. However, with this being a State Park its regs could be different than a normal WMA.

You can call 706.878.3087
Thanks!