2024 Smack Talk

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
He gobbled 3 times. Once in the tree. Twice on the ground. I called twice with a slate cutting just like @Beagler282 tells me to do. I used a black shell. Just a lead #6my dog done ate my beard and chewed a leg. Lols. It had beard rot in the middle anyway. View attachment 1302930
I think his beard looks just fine!

sea trout

Do y'all think the cicadas gettin so loud deters gobbling and interfere's with turkey comunication?
Just a subject we brought up at the club. Seems like maybe Thurs and Fri when the cicadas got loud about 1 and 1/2 hours after dawn the gobblers quit.
This mornin at the club the cicadas were loud before dawn and turkeys didn't gobble at all, (where i was listenin).
Just curious

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Do y'all think the cicadas gettin so loud deters gobbling and interfere's with turkey comunication?
Just a subject we brought up at the club. Seems like maybe Thurs and Fri when the cicadas got loud about 1 and 1/2 hours after dawn the gobblers quit.
This mornin at the club the cicadas were loud before dawn and turkeys didn't gobble at all, (where i was listenin).
Just curious
I shot the ones where I hunt with a redryder u maybe on to something.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just curious
I don’t think it bothers them one bit I was actually thinking the opposite .

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
A lot of times when birds are far off with all this green it’s hard to hear them with out the bugs once they on the ground. I noticed they don’t gobble as loud to.
Getting green here too, a lot faster than normal

sea trout

kill week #5 must be broken

Turkeys are done

work is miserable, too much of it, clients need to change appointments at 7 am. I'm like AAAAAHHHHRRRRRRRRR... had I ah known I could've gone turkey huntin!!!
Stress level 10 thousand!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
kill week #5 must be broken

Turkeys are done

work is miserable, too much of it, clients need to change appointments at 7 am. I'm like AAAAAHHHHRRRRRRRRR... had I ah known I could've gone turkey huntin!!!
Stress level 10 thousand!!!
Tell them that time is booked up. How about 2pm looks like I’m free then.

Your welcome.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
He gobbled 3 times. Once in the tree. Twice on the ground. I called twice with a slate cutting just like @Beagler282 tells me to do. I used a black shell. Just a lead #6my dog done ate my beard and chewed a leg. Lols. It had beard rot in the middle anyway. View attachment 1302930
Nothing like getting aggressive. Puts em in the truck bed!

WOODIE13

Always have a thermal

sea trout

Tell them that time is booked up. How about 2pm looks like I’m free then.

Your welcome.
Yes that'd be fine.
What I mean is... I'm standin in the garage about to leave for the days 1st job, then at 7am the customer says they can't do it today they need to reschedule.
So if they would have let me know the day before I could have gone huntin

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yes that'd be fine.
What I mean is... I'm standin in the garage about to leave for the days 1st job, then at 7am the customer says they can't do it today they need to reschedule.
That’s down right disrespectful !
I’ve had things of that nature also.

WOODIE13

Yes that'd be fine.
20% price increase automatically