22lr 1911 suggestions

GregoryB.

Wanting to get a 1911 in 22lr for shooting/plinking close around the house and animals. Don’t want a conversion kit. Any suggestions on a reliable pistol ? Thanks.

GregoryB.

Was looking at the GSG. They made the Sig 22/1911, now Sig owns them. Reviews were not bad. Most reviews said you needed to try a variety of ammo just like most guns. Can get it for under $300 shipped if I don’t get the Browning that Jester posted.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 7

Jester896

Senior Clown
hope you saw that it is used. Looks like a regular Service Model. I haven't check reviews either...I just saw that one in an email.
The other 2 have dovetail sight and would be easier to change depending on your use.

GregoryB.

hope you saw that it is used. Looks like a regular Service Model. I haven't check reviews either...I just saw that one in an email.
The other 2 have dovetail sight and would be easier to change depending on your use.
I did see that it was used. The dovetail rear sight gives me the option of mounting a small red dot site with the proper plate.

Dub

Was looking at the GSG. They made the Sig 22/1911, now Sig owns them. Reviews were not bad. Most reviews said you needed to try a variety of ammo just like most guns. Can get it for under $300 shipped if I don’t get the Browning that Jester posted.

One thing to confirm is the footprint of the various offerings.

I believe the GSG/Sig is same dimensions as a standard centerfire 1911.

I think the Browning .22lr & .380 models, while 1911-ish....are smaller scaled versions.

You may have a strong preference in either case....just wanted to mention it. (y)

Gator89

I have both a GSG and a Walther phony pony Colt.

The Colt is simpler to take down due the barrel being attached to the frame.

My GSG has a screw that holds the barrel in place that has to be removed to remove the slide from the frame.

Both of mine shoot minute of beer can. But my TX-22 and my Ruger Mark 4 22/45s come out of the safe more often.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
CDNN has three different variations of Colt A1 1911 .22 advertised for $299

bones454

Most of the 1911 22’s are made of plastic but Rock Island has the only steel 1911 on the market but it’s not cheep.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I own the browning in both .22 and .380 (for my wife). They both are great guns. The .22 especially. It shoots everything i feed it. The 380 is a bit finicky with budget ammo. It likes full power defensive ammo.IMG_0342.jpeg
The little browning is so easy to carry. I carry it everywhere on my property. It is my primary armadillo gun primarily because it is always with me. My browning gets beat up climbing in and out of trucks, yard work and gets rained on… i just wipe down and reholster. It is so light and comfortable that i have carried it into town several times forgetting it is with me open carry (i usually ccw in public).

My recommendation is find one with the larger sites. The GI sights are ok, but the sites on the 380 are excellent (mine in photo is black label)

Reactions: Dub

GregoryB.

Thanks for all the input. Still haven’t decided which one I want. Those Brownings look nice. There is a 10mm Kimber Super Jäger tugging at my heart strings that may get put on layaway before I get a new 22.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Thanks for all the input. Still haven’t decided which one I want. Those Brownings look nice. There is a 10mm Kimber Super Jäger tugging at my heart strings that may get put on layaway before I get a new 22.
Yea, i hear that. Almost always my rule is buy a big gun before a little gun

Latest posts