#26 Team Full Strut

Fro1911nut

No luck for da Fro this AM...was a preatty mourning....heard alot, but Im sure it was just the other public land prowlers out there with me lol

The Horned Toad

Yeah nothing at my morning spot either. I'm gonna try a different piece of property this afternoon and see what happens.

The Horned Toad

good deal congrats on a nice bird.

I had a good one come in this afternoon gobbling hard but hung up at about 75 yards and turned. If it's the same one my dad and I were chasing last year he's atleast 4 yrs old maybe 5. You know he didn't get that old by making mistakes. I had only been there about 30 min hitting some calls when out of nowhere he just gobbled close in some thick stuff where I couldn't see him. he answered me back 3 times then left. I'm gonna try to get on him tomorrow after church.

duckndeerhuntinRN

5 points guys

Got him yesterday..now for one with some hooks..I saw two other nice ones later that day, but could not get them in. The turkey is in the middle front haha:bounce:
Good luck guys..This is the first time I have ever killed an opening morning gobbler..:banana:

Attachments

• IM002313.JPG
    IM002313.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 135

striper commander

Nice bird, I had them all over me this morning. I don't know if they will count that bird since the phone is not in the pic with the bird.

The Horned Toad

Nice bird duck. I'm about to head out for an afternoon hunt. I had a hard time listening the preacher in church this am. I kept hearing that bird from yesterday gobble in my head.

The Horned Toad

I went back and forth with a bunch of hens today but didn't hear the 1st gobble. Oh well I guess this is why it's called Turkey hunting and not Turkey killing.

IdRatherBHunting

Nice birds guys congrats. I camped on the river since Thursday and hunted hard till dark tonight but no luck. Dont worry though its early and I will be back tomorrow.

duckndeerhuntinRN

scared me

The pic I put on the kill sheet has the phone in the pic and a close up..Got a bad migraine yest and did not get to go. Guys at the club said they were gobbling everywhere..Can't wait till thur..I have never killed more than one bird a season, Sooo maybe I can change that this year..
Good Luck Guys...

The Horned Toad

keep at em boys. The only time I get to hunt is on the weekends. I'm working on a new spot to try for this saturday. I have a couple of friends that claim to have lots of birds.

Fro1911nut

IM off wed so if it aint floating frogs im gona see if I can scare one up off of Alatoona

duckndeerhuntinRN

Yep

Yea Sapper, I coach baseball and one of the Dads said he has them gobblin everywhere and offered to take me, I believe I may take him up on that offer..Well , got to work tue and wed, so Ill have gobblin goin on in my head.
Good Luck Guys..
David