#26 Team Full Strut

The Horned Toad

Everybody still hanging in there?

I'll be out early this saturday trying again. I've got my rain gear out and thinking with the rain it will be perfect for public land keeping the part timers away giving me plenty of woods to run and gun in.

Fro1911nut

Wed was a washout....I have to work Sat.....I might slide out Sunday, but the family is coming over for my little ones B day so the wife might have my chained to the house :(

duckndeerhuntinRN

wondering

I was wondering the same thing (if they were ready)I went thur and saw 2 jakes , 4 hens , and had one gobbling, None would talk back, jakes came 30 yds from me. Gonna carry my 5 yr old in the morning, soo we will see what happens.
Good Luck Guys!!!
David

The Horned Toad

Well I tried this afternoon when the rain slacked up alittle. It was just coming down to hard this morning. I had one gobble a couple of times. He had a bunch of hens hollering with him but I couldn't get him to come my way.

Fro1911nut

I saw two jakes today...to bad they were in a customers yard out n Hiram today lol

duckndeerhuntinRN

got #2

I have never killed but 1 turkey each year and this is the first year I have killed 2. Its my 5th turkey overall and I had to work my butt off to get this on, cold wind, poision ivy, stickers, soaking wet, and it was all worth it..Tom teaser redneck hen mouth call sealed the deal..I will post the full story later..
Jenkins county bird
10.5 inch beard
1 1/16 spurs
18lbs

Attachments

• IM002323.JPG
    IM002323.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 94

The Horned Toad

Congrats, I'm about to head out and see if I can't get that bird I've been hearing.

duckndeerhuntinRN

Hows it looking

Just got home from work, take a nap and work again tomorrow..Any Luck guys..Im dreaming about them tonight.
David

Fro1911nut

Between work and getting things ready to go to FL this weekend I havent got to slip out...

Does Paulding Forest only have the one sighn n station on 278?

duckndeerhuntinRN

any Luck..

I had Baseball games today and wife works tomorrow, will be next weekend b/f I get to try again..Anybody HAD ANY luck.....

The Horned Toad

No luck for me today. I hunted hard and covered alot of land out in putnam co. I'll try again tomorrow after church If it's not storming to hard.

The Horned Toad

Guys I'm starting to get worried. This is the 1st year in 4 years I haven't killed a long beard by atleast the 3rd weekend. I put my dad in a spot that I had been hearing a good bird and all he saw was a hen and called up a jake.

duckndeerhuntinRN

dont worry

Hey it should be getting good this weekend or I hope..I will get to hunt saturday:clap: so I hope its getting good..Keep trying......

The Horned Toad

Is everybody still in the chase?

I'll be back at it all day saturday.

striper commander

I have been hunting some but the weather has been bad every time I go. I am off tomorrow and plan on getting one. One of my friends shot two birds today.