6.5 Creedmoor?

M77 Ruger

I think the 6.5 and 7mm-08 are apples to apples imho. I don't think one is better than the other. I honestly would probably never bought the 6.5 creedmoor had i not shot my buddies in the first place. I will say that its the most accurate rifle i own and if it does well on deer under 400 yards i probably will be hunting with it a lot. The plus side is the recoil is so lite that the wife even wanted to shoot it. Like i said it will punch paper with the best of them no doubt the real question is how its going to do on the deer. I hope to find out soon enough

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I just read a little article about the invention of the 6.5 creed. The guys specifically designed it for long range shooting. I believe the main purpose was a light recoiling rifle with a bullet that was heavy enough too reach out to 1,000 yds.

The long range craze is why it has taken off so fast.

tcward

I just read a little article about the invention of the 6.5 creed. The guys specifically designed it for long range shooting. I believe the main purpose was a light recoiling rifle with a bullet that was heavy enough too reach out to 1,000 yds.

The long range craze is why it has taken off so fast.
Yep. The older I get the more I am impressed with lighter recoil. 6.5 with Scirroco 2 130 grain is my go to gun now.