6.5 swede

mwood1985

If I didn’t have a 257 Roberts & a 7x57 I would have a 6.5 Swede!!!!
Haha I've got Mauser 98 Actions in all 3. It gonna got out of control. But they are all awesome shooters. I dropped a pig 2 weeks back with my Swede and at 300 yards it dropped hard. Dang fine round. But that little. 257.....that one there needs to come back and be on the shelves again

Reactions: NWS

NWS

Haha I've got Mauser 98 Actions in all 3. It gonna got out of control. But they are all awesome shooters. I dropped a pig 2 weeks back with my Swede and at 300 yards it dropped hard. Dang fine round. But that little. 257.....that one there needs to come back and be on the shelves again
Just something special about all those cals but the 257 seems in a special place. I think the 257 Rbts might be the most perfect and efficient balance of case size, powder capacity and caliber. Of course that’s just my opinion.

Bobby Bigtime

Just something special about all those cals but the 257 seems in a special place. I think the 257 Rbts might be the most perfect and efficient balance of case size, powder capacity and caliber. Of course that’s just my opinion.
Frank Barnes shared your opinion. Nice cartridge

Reactions: NWS

Mountain Hunter

I absolutely love the 6.5 Swede and just can’t say enough good things about this caliber. About a year ago, I gave my S-N-L my customized Model 96 Mauser and he’s killed several deer with it. I also had a Remington 700 Classic in 6.5X55 and for some stupid reason decided to sell it. Not one of my smartest decisions! I acquired a 6.5 CM and while it is a great round, I much prefer the 6.5X55 Swede.