6.5x55 Swede thoughts?

furtaker

Have seriously considered selling some of my heavier kicking guns and getting one. getting old.

heres a recoil chart. they show it about like a 243 in recoil.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm
Chuck Hawks' recoil chart is laughable at best. Rifle weight plays a large factor in recoil and he has rifle weights all over the place in that chart. He lists 3 different weights for the Swede and 3 different weights for the 243. It's impossible to make an accurate comparison like that.

The Swede is a light kicker but noticeably more than a 243.

Hillbilly stalker

Mine was a sporterized 94 Mauser I believe. Barrel shortened, target or Yankee crown they called it, and a turned bolt handle for clearance on the scope. Fiberglass stock. I couldn't find very many OTC rounds. Remington had one out that was around 130 grain. I didn't like the performance on deer tho. Very very little recoil, .243 sounds bout right for mine.

Darien1

I have a Winchester 70 Feather Weight in that chambering as well as a Ruger Stainless RSI. Both shoot it very well. I killed a few deer with that Winchester and it does a great job. I did have CZ 550 with the Mannlicher stock that shot well too but that thing was heavy. I passed it on to another Member.

Nimrod71

The Finns and Swedes have been hunting deer and moose with these for 70 yrs. or more. They are great rifles. The only ones I have shot have been military mods. and I was very impressed with how well they shot and the low recoil.

Michael F Sights

Great round, have a CZ 550, shoots tiny little cloverleafs if you do your part, killed deer & pigs w/ 125 Noslers, 140 & 160 Sierra's. Incredible killer.