A good man needs your prayers

buckpasser

I met Matthew when we were both 9 years old. We’re 37 now. We’ve lived mirrored lives. We both had a daughter and then a son. We both manage hunting plantations for a living. We love God, our families, the outdoors, and the nation we were born into. Our fathers were business partners until his died unexpectedly of cancer when we were in high school. This March we were eating dinner at the barn when he got the call from his doctor to get to the hospital immediately. He was diagnosed with AML leukemia later that day.

He’s spent these past long months in Augusta trying traditional chemo, previously unrelated chemo, and finally experimental chemo. Wednesday they sent him home with the sad news that his path to a medical cure will not be realized.

Please keep him, his family, and his loved ones in your prayers over the coming days. The doctors told him to enjoy his final days. They told him it may be a few weeks or even months, but not years. I’ve promised him that I will stay committed to doing everything in my power to see his children develop a personal relationship with Christ. I’ve also promised him that I will introduce his children to the same outdoor heritage we were introduced to by our fathers. Please pray that I’m able to keep my promises if the time comes.

Obviously, I’m still praying that God spare him of this illness somehow and be glorified in the fact that only He could take this away when science couldn’t.

Thank you in advance!!!

turkeykirk

Thoughts and prayers.

wvdawg

Staff member
Prayers for all - may God bless.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Prayers to you both.

j_seph

Do not forget whom the true doctor really is. If it is his will he will survive through this. My wife was told she would have Diastolic heart failure the rest of her life. Unfortunately the doctor had to ask us what we were doing and what we had did cause this stuff was gone and that doesn't happen. Prayers for him and you.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Prayers sent

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Heartfelt! In a world where hardships are so real, great love matters! Prayers for the power of God! But I already see it in your story!

buckpasser

Unexpected update:

I received word today that Matt has been accepted at Chicago for a new full body radiation experimental treatment for terminal AML patients. This very well may not be a cure, and it will be horribly painful and dangerous, but hope again rules the day! Thank you all for the prayers, and please keep it up! I know that God is in control, no matter what comes next.

Latest posts