A "Purge day" on the forum....

Dub

Georgia Outdoor News is the first of any type of online forum that I've joined. Went on to doing other outdoor, grilling, gun and car forums over the years in addition to here.

I consider GON my home, though.

There was a time when I'd marvel at how divergent our opinions here were. Amazed at how hunters could be divided on issues the way we are. I wish we were more united in our acceptance of fellow hunters, fishermen and outdoor enthusiasts.

That being said.....this is still the most relaxing place to hang out.

I found this out after one of the muscle car forums I was in went bezerk. They have moderators & administrators who have extreme political views and went bonkers when Hilary lost in 2016. They bring in politics into every subforum. In one recent post a guy just bought a sweet new Ford GT350 only to have one of the administrators steer his thread into a Trump-hate direction and spout off about tariffs and such.

One of what were two favorite grilling forums of mine......no longer are for the same reason. They followed similar tactics as the above mentioned car forum.

So....my forum posting on these places is done. I am tired of the bullcrap.

I stick around here, my "home" forum.

I sure hope it doesn't fall like the others.

I understand the OP's frustration with the occasional frustration presented by certain members. A special-once a year day to blast them, though....gives them too long to run rampant. :rofl: Call 'em out when they post crazy stuff. We should be able to get our points across without the need to wait to take the gloves off.

The really kooky ones that stand out around here mostly seem to be trolls....simply trying to oppose the mainstream. They don't last long.

Hopefully the faithful here will stick together and not let this place become a CNN driven chaotic mess.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
If necessary, I can certainly cuss with the best of them :bounce:, but I am also able to give you a piece of my mind without having to do so. I'm not one to use harsh language around women and children, or anyone I do not know. I was raised better than that. I think it says a lot about someone who cusses in front of just anyone. There's a time and place for such language, let's keep it there.

Oldstick

Been on certain auto related forums that are moderated, but they allow just about any language you want to use. Don't care for that but the forum is too useful for info about my specific truck.

But conversely, they do NOT allow any political discussion whatsoever, zero. Don't think they will ban you unless numerous violations. But any innocuous comment in a post will get it deleted within minutes. Even asking something like "what about house bill xyz?" even if the bill were to be something about automotive regulations.

Frankly, if it were my business that sponsored Woody's, I would do the same. I pretty certain the Woody's political forum is on many watch lists that I wouldn't want my business tied to, rightly or wrongly.

SC Hunter

Can we bring back Dead Eye Eddy??? He is in a few different groups that I follow on Facebook and the guy is......well he's unique to say the least.

j_seph

PM sent, thanks for permission to unload all that

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Can we bring back Dead Eye Eddy??? He is in a few different groups that I follow on Facebook and the guy is......well he's unique to say the least.
What groups?

I'm looking for some to join

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher