A Trail of Blood

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he (God the Father) hath made us accepted in the beloved (Christ his Son).In whom we have redemption through his (Christ the Son's) blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace. Ephesians 1:6,7

There is a trail of blood left by God throughout the Bible. God's word declares in Hebrews 9:22 that without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins.

At the beginning of Gods word in the book of Genesis, after Adam and Eve fell into sin we find the start of the trail.

As soon as Adam and Eve had sinned and saw that they were naked, what did they do? They sewed fig leaves together to cover their nakedness and hid from God. Of course God exposed what they had done and the curse of sin fell upon all mankind, Genesis chapter 3. But what did God do for them? In Genesis 3:21 we have the record "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them."

In Genesis 3:21 we find the first shedding of blood. God clothed Adam and Eve himself.

Today many are trying to clothe themselves with figs leaves just as Adam and Eve, through religion and religious works but you will need to let God clothe you with his Son.

The trail leads us next to Cain and Abel, Genesis Chapter 4. The LORD had made known to Adam and Eve that they needed God to clothe them and that it took the shedding of blood to accomplish this and it must have been passed on to their sons.

We soon find both Cain and Abel bringing a sacrifice. Cain was a farmer of the ground and Abel a keeper of sheep. Cain brought some things he had grown from the cursed ground but Abel brought a firstling of his flock, a blood sacrifice that God required.

God accepted Abels offering (a blood sacrifice) and not Cain's and Cain was angry and mad. He knew what to bring and God even told him afterward that there was a sin offering at his door and he could bring it and be accepted but instead he rose up and slew his brother and refused to come God's way.

The same can be said today when men attempt to come by their own works and instead of the way God has made with the own offering of his Son, the lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world, John 1:29. "Behold the Lamb of God(The Lord Jesus), which taketh away the sin of the world."

In Exodus 12 we have the record of when God would bring judgement on Egypt and bring Israel out of their bondage. The Israelite's were instructed to take the blood of a lamb without blemish and place the blood on the door posts of the house where they were staying that night so when the destroyer sent by God would come, he would pass them by and only kill the firstborn of the Egyptians which is what took place.

Today God requires Faith in the blood of His Son Jesus Christ. If any of the Israelite's had not done as God required that night they too would have been destroyed as the Egyptians. The obedience of Faith is what God requires even today and these records in the old testament are shadows and types of what the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished at Calvary.

The Apostle Paul declares the good news of the trail of blood (Gospel) in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received(FROM THE RISEN GLORIFIED LORD HIMSELF), how that Christ died for our sins(the BLOOD) according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"

According to the scriptures are the many types and shadows that are shown throughout the old testament scriptures with the trail of blood. Those spotless lambs that were offered throughout the scriptures had to be done with Faith in what God said to do and were a picture of Christ, God's spotless lamb.

Today we too must come by Faith in what God has already done for us in Christ, his spotless lamb without blemish. In 2 Corinthians 5:21 we have the record "For he (God) hath made him(the Lord Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

What Grace we find in that God himself will clothe us with the righteousness of Christ himself when we come to Calvary by Faith and accept Christ as our own personal Saviour and Redeemer.

God has already done all that is needed. It's now by Faith in his blood, his death on the cross that paid for all our sins and his resurrection that it's done and finished.

Let God clothe you just as he did Adam in the beginning. Don't try to cover yourself, Let God clothe you with the righteousness of God in Christ.

NoOne

Last edited:

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Surely the old preacher and hymn writer Robert Lowry 1826-1899 understood the precious Trail of Blood.

1. What can wash away my sin?
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
    What can make me whole again?
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
  2. For my pardon, this I see,
    For my cleansing this my plea,
  3. Nothing can for sin atone,
    Naught of good that I have done,