Abdominal Aneurism?

Dialer

So my "life scan" results were emailed to me today, all was pretty much normal, except for the "abdominal aneurism" they supposedly detected.
I have no idea what this means, except that it could be lethal. I messaged my PCP through CareSource, waiting on a reply. I feel fine at 62 years of age, and have no medical issues, just the usual high BP that's being treated well, and a type 2 diabetes diagnosis which is nothing new, and is controlled as well. Is there any reason to be alarmed, or just take it with a grain of salt?

K80Shooter

My wife was diagnosed with one in August of this year. Her's is 4.3cm when it gets to 5cm they will operate then, until then it's just take it easy and try not to lift too much.

She goes back to her vascular Dr in Jan. to see if it's progressed any.

By the way, she's a little older than you.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Abdominal aortal aneurism killed my Father at the age of 54.

It ruptured and he was dead within seconds of hitting the floor.
He knew he had it and had just changed jobs and was waiting for the insurance to start.
Get it checked soon.

tad1

It really all depends on the size. It will require monitoring or possibly surgery if large enough to warrant.
As far as surgery, very rarely are they done open anymore. Most all are done with intravascular groin access and stent(graft) devices.
Hopefully it’s just small and requires occasional monitoring.
JT

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I hope all goes well for you. Different types of aneurysm has taken several people I knew personally.