Some actual good news. Got my cholesterol down.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Now that you have made that important step, let me encourage you, and everyone, to get a calcium scoring. With high cholesterol, the presence of calcium plaque buildup in coronary arteries exist. It costs about $50-60, and could save your life. Normal calcium score is zero. I talked with a patient yesterday with a 1080 score. They are getting a heart cath next week.
I plan on getting one.

I have been doing some video watching and reading and supposedly it is possible to "clean your arteries out" via specific eating habits.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Congrats, Jim. Stick with it, brother!

gunnurse

If your calcium score is greater than 100, your cardiologist or primary care physician will advise you accordingly regarding further testing ( heart cath, etc, )

Artfuldodger

I wonder what relation simple carbs & sugar have on Atherosclerosis? I think they do raise one's triglyceride levels.

Artfuldodger

Are those two markers, cholesterol & calcium, reliable for showing future problems or is there a few other markers to add?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Outstanding Jim! Keep up the good work! I embarked on a weight loss regimen last year. Tipped out at 234. I'm 194 and change today. 14 more lbs to go!