Absolute Bull of a Buck

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Headed back out to Kansas in a couple weeks for rifle season with Steve at KFO, he just sent me pics of this absolute Tank of a buck, If he’s not 300 Pounds he’s Dang Close, Looks like a Bull!!!!!!! Love to see him in person

Attachments

• IMG_5094.png
    IMG_5094.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_5093.png
    IMG_5093.png
    573.3 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_5092.png
    IMG_5092.png
    819.4 KB · Views: 507

Tight Lines

Never mind KFO is in my home county. I know those guys somewhat. My brother and I hunted that county a lot, and the pics above are in the neighboring county to the east. Good luck, the snow this past weekend had them up and moving and foraging. They are starting to chase, saw at least one doe being dogged in a thicket by a 2.5 yo 8. I don't think the rut has started, but it's close. Rifle season starts Wednesday right?

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Never mind KFO is in my home county. I know those guys somewhat. My brother and I hunted that county a lot, and the pics above are in the neighboring county to the east. Good luck, the snow this past weekend had them up and moving and foraging. They are starting to chase, saw at least one doe being dogged in a thicket by a 2.5 yo 8. I don't think the rut has started, but it's close. Rifle season starts Wednesday right?
Yes it does, every year they’re chasin does again during rifle and we see good ones , those are actually about hour away up in Marion , Steve’s a good guy great place ,

Tight Lines

Yes it does, every year they’re chasin does again during rifle and we see good ones , those are actually about hour away up in Marion , Steve’s a good guy great place ,
Yeah they hunt my home county, Marion County is one county north, and we also hunt one county east...great deer in that area bordering the Flint Hills in the ag country...

DynamicDennis

I'd happily shoot that buck, no questions asked. I passed the first real mature buck I ever saw in Kentucky. Was a big 10 on one side, and a baseball bat on the other. Had it 30yds doing a small push during 2 day early muzzleloader. Still wish I didn't pass that buck, was looking for the booner. Bet I won't pass another mature buck, ever

ghadarits

It might be even bigger than you think. A friend showed me a trail cam pic of a buck he harvested and it was 305lbs and looked smaller than the one you posted pics of.

GSUQUAD

He does leave some antler to be desired, looks like he is only 3x4 7 point. However, that rack is still no slouch at all. Certainly an 8 or 10 of similar measurements would score higher but I’d be hesitant to pass him if I were only hunting for a short period of time.