Academy Whinge

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
That does seem tricky. I bought a shotgun from Academy earlier this year and got 10% off for being a 1st responder. I didn’t even know about the discount. the cashier just asked me and I happened to have my FD, ID in my wallet. Seems like it was around July 4th though.

krizia829

Did all employees get a 40% discount or just full time and long time employees?
May need to go work there part time if so.
When I worked there (2010-2017) it was all employees. I’m not sure about now, but I’m almost 100% sure it’s still the same. I know that for guns and ammo there’s no employee discount but BP brand items it was 40% at the time, everything else was 15%. And if there was a sale, you get the better of the 2 discount. They offer health insurance too. It’s a great company to work for honestly I truly loved it. I had to leave because at the time I had my first child and couldn’t work the odd hours and every holiday/ most weekends. I would still be there if I could’ve worked a Monday-Friday position but it didn’t exist at the time.. I sure miss it though..

krizia829

When I worked there it was both. I worked in firearms and we could get discounts on guns and scopes as well.
What bass pro was that?! We never got discount on guns and ammo :cry:

Stroker

What bass pro was that?! We never got discount on guns and ammo :cry:
Macon Ga. We could go through the firearms manufacturer to get discounts. It was called the Pro plan. You had to work in the department, hunting couldn't get discounts on fishing equipment. Many of the manufacturers had certain rules, Leupold made you choose free engraving on the scopes. Discounts and rules varied by manufacturer. It could take up to 90 days to receive a firearm. I never utilized it in the 5 years I worked in hunting. I was mistaken about the ammo discount. I left because of the crazy work schedule as well. I still miss working there though.

krizia829

Macon Ga. We could go through the firearms manufacturer to get discounts. It was called the Pro plan. You had to work in the department, hunting couldn't get discounts on fishing equipment. Many of the manufacturers had certain rules, Leupold made you choose free engraving on the scopes. Discounts and rules varied by manufacturer. It could take up to 90 days to receive a firearm. I never utilized it in the 5 years I worked in hunting. I was mistaken about the ammo discount. I left because of the crazy work schedule as well. I still miss working there though.
Oh wow we never had that, that I know of.. I was in hunting as well for 7 years. Most of it working in the gun vault. I guess each store has its thing.. The Macon BP is really nice. We go all the time when we head up to hunt