Academy Whinge

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
First, I don’t have any expectation of discounting for veterans, I am appreciative of those that do discount. It does chaff me when store uses it to improve their commercial image and does not follow through. I’ve been in Academy several times over the last year making purchases. The last being buying gifts for my nephews. Every time I ask I get the same, “Nothing in the store is discounted at present.” I think I’ll be buying online or in store at BPS/Cabelas going forward.

IMG_2429.png

• Sad
Reactions: Dub

georgia_home

Taint da season! Come back next year! soon!

sorta like misleading promotion. A big page promoting the discount but not actually doing it. When was the last time they did Actually have the program In effect ?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Taint da season! Come back next year! soon!

sorta like misleading promotion. A big page promoting the discount but not actually doing it. When was the last time they did Actually have the program In effect ?
I don’t no know. My mini sample was random over the last year and haven’t hit a discount yet.

Skeeter XRi

While I don’t disagree with the OP, I will say I was quite surprised with academy back in late October. We bought the wife a shotgun to try shooting clays, along with a few boxes of shells and they took 10% off it all for Veterans Day.

I’ve never seen any of the vets discounts apply to guns and ammo elsewhere.

Maybe I just got lucky that day. I really don’t expect special treatment as that’s not why I signed up, but it’s nice to be recognized for it now and then.

jim

krizia829

First, I don’t have any expectation of discounting for veterans, I am appreciative of those that do discount. It does chaff me when store uses it to improve their commercial image and does not follow through. I’ve been in Academy several times over the last year making purchases. The last being buying gifts for my nephews. Every time I ask I get the same, “Nothing in the store is discounted at present.” I think I’ll be buying online or in store at BPS/Cabelas going forward.

View attachment 1273285
Sucks... Go to Bass Pro! I used to work there. They have 10% discount on merchandise, 5% on firearms and ammo. (Some Exclusions). Plus you can apply it on top of some already discounted items on sale. Just take your ID, or DD214

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sucks... Go to Bass Pro! I used to work there. They have 10% discount on merchandise, 5% on firearms and ammo. (Some Exclusions). Plus you can apply it on top of some already discounted items on sale. Just take your ID, or DD214
I live a few exits from Cabelas. I‘ve already registered with BP/Cabelas, they deliver what they advertise and it’s appreciated.

krizia829

I live a few exits from Cabelas. I‘ve already registered with BP/Cabelas, they deliver what they advertise and it’s appreciated.
Awesome! I haven't been to a Cabelas yet but I've been to like 8-10 Bass Pro's and man they sure get nicer the further north you go!

Ours down here in Miami isn't the best for hunting but for fishing, it's heaven! Our Dania Beach BP is awesome.

I'll tell you one thing though.. I sure do miss my 40% employee discount!! now it's 45%! :cry:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I been to the BPS in Springfield, impressive. The one in the pyramid at Memphis is unique.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Academy discounts during military related holidays
That’s like TSC, they discount on the holidays only. They advertise it that way, I got some good deals on those holidays.

krizia829

I been to the BPS in Springfield, impressive. The one in the pyramid at Memphis is unique.

I'd love to check those 2 out!

I called Springfield before my wedding to get pricing on their lodge for my honeymoon and I about had a heart attack when I heard the price with my employee discount. :ROFLMAO: I ended up staying in Helen, GA for 5 days and 4 nights in a beautiful cabin for the price of 2 days in Springfield lol

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I'd love to check those 2 out!

I called Springfield before my wedding to get pricing on their lodge for my honeymoon and I about had a heart attack when I heard the price with my employee discount. :ROFLMAO: I ended up staying in Helen, GA for 5 days and 4 nights in a beautiful cabin for the price of 2 days in Springfield lol
Funny, you live in FL and come to GA. I live here and we went to Orlando. :bounce:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
go upstairs and eat at the restaurant. watch the sunset over the miss river, walk on the glass floor. sit eat and watch folks get scared and catwalk on the beam under the glass

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
go upstairs and eat at the restaurant. watch the sunset over the miss river, walk on the glass floor. sit eat and watch folks get scared and catwalk on the beam under the glass
I liked Mud Island, wading the model of the Mississippi River in the hot of summer.

Stroker

Did all employees get a 40% discount or just full time and long time employees?
May need to go work there part time if so.
When I worked there it was both. I worked in firearms and we could get discounts on guns and scopes as well.

Latest posts