Action Cams

1gr8bldr

I don't know what they are actually called??? My son got a GoPro, the newest, most expensive one.... is it the 3 , black edition, with wifi remote?? for Christmas. I figured I might also try one mainly for daytime bowfishing. I have not opened mine yet, thinking I may return it. His sound does not keep up with the video. While looking online for a remedy, I saw several other action cam choices. I have alredy saw online where they are not good for hunting since they have no ability to zoom. I figured they would be OK for me since I hunt with a recurve, shooting mainly 10yds. But, I got to thinking, Is this all just a gimic, the small size? Could I not do the same thing with any small video camera?

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
not, not a gimic, gopro is the real deal and there are literally thousands of videos on youtube to prove it. some other good but less expensive choices are the wasp cam and the swann freestyle. plenty of options for shooting/filming with these little cams. there is always a bit of an issue with sound if they are in the waterproof enclosure, that is why folks dub sountracks over the video alot of the time.

1gr8bldr

The gimic is not the pics or videos but the specialized promotion over other cams that can Zoom. I wonder if I might be better suited with a small video camera that can be used for different usuages. It should be able, and this I don't know to be true, should be able to act as an action cam would but have the ability to zoom, to capture that buck just out of range

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
I work with a guy that films his hunts with a sony handycam and does really good with it. he added a small screen to aid in viewing it from odd angles.