After purchasing a lifetime license?

BUCKFAT

For anyone who has purchased the lifetime license. What do you need to do at the beginning of each season? I have read you do not need a paper harvest record anymore. Just apply your harvest even if no cell service then sync once in service. Is there anything else?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Every year after March 1 you need to purchase the big game harvest record and sync it to your license. This covers turkeys, bear, and deer requirements.
Someone else can speak to requirements for birds and such.

BUCKFAT

Every year after March 1 you need to purchase the big game harvest record and sync it to your license. This covers turkeys, bear, and deer requirements.
What is involved adding all your information, social security, drivers license, etc?

cowhornedspike

"Purchase" is misleading. It is free but must be obtained each year just like you were buying a license.
You also still need to get the HIP permit if you are gonna hunt migratory birds. Only thing you still actually have to pay for is the Federal Waterfowl stamp.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
"Purchase" is misleading. It is free but must be obtained each year just like you were buying a license.
You also still need to get the HIP permit if you are gonna hunt migratory birds. Only thing you still actually have to pay for is the Federal Waterfowl stamp.

I stated it that way because the DNR software calls it purchase. It’s the same way when applying for a quota hunt. You have to purchase the free application and checkout.

ucfireman

Go the license site.
You will add the "free" licenses you want. Big game (Deer, Turkey and Bear), HIP (migratory birds), SIP (salt water fish), Alligator (if chosen). You will add them to your cart, make sure they are the 0.00 ones. Not sure if there is a trout stamp anymore. WMA is included now with your hunting so you don't need it.
You can pick the free land owner tags if it applies.
Your license has all the SS, address etc already when you purchased it.
At check out you will get a confirmation email (if I remember right).
Sync your license to the app or print the big game tags. Either way you still need to report your kills.
Not hard, just make sure you pick the free ones.

You will still need to sign in/out or check in/out for WMA hunts that require it. You do that online now, or at the check stations.

The only other license you should ever need to purchase (pay for) is the Federal Duck stamp.
Had mine since the beginning. Saved a lot of money.

cowhornedspike

Yep, I requested them at the DNR meetings before they started offering them and bought mine the year they became available! Smartest purchase ever!

HughW2

Milkman is correct. Just update the harvest record at beginning of each season and whenever you harvest game. Great birthday or Christmas gift for young hunters that are dedicated. I have one and bought one for my son when he turned 12. I look forward to buying some for grandchildren hopefully. I am jealous of Railroader’s posts about training his grandsons in the ways of the wild. We should all be following this example.

Gator89

Download the GoOutdoorsGA app on your phone. Sync your license when getting ready to go hunting the first time each season. Then log your kills timely.

Easy Peasy!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Download the GoOutdoorsGA app on your phone. Sync your license when getting ready to go hunting the first time each season. Then log your kills timely.

Easy Peasy!

This ^ but you still have to get the new harvest record each year.