Alabama Gulf Coast

skiff20

I was told yesterday I/we were going to Fort Morgan on the Alabama Gulf Coast in the middle of April. I have never been there. I was wondering if anybody new of a good inshore charter down there. Interested in trout, red fish, flounder. Also any info on surf fishing that area that time of year. Thanks

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Not sure about April but I know October/ January u can walk to dixie bar from fort Morgan and catch all the big bull reds u want, rt where beach meets mobile bay , I’ve always just used cut mullet fished on the bottom

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Also if they got the little pier repaired at the boat launch at fort Morgan u can fish off of it at night and catch a cooler full of whiting and white trout and if u got kids they can have a blast with some crab traps catching blue crabs, I use to live there and that area was my favorite fishing spot

jdgator

April is a tough month for fishing in Mobile, but if you have current and live bait you will eventually catch something.

zeke392

no charter info but we were catching good pompano from the beach last April using fish bites, hope to do it again this year

Huntin Nole

Check into Extreme Chaos Sports Fishing out of orange beach, AL. They focus on inshore fishing.