Annual Soco creek week cooking last night up here

deermaster13

Went the easy route with some homemade deer sausage. I thought I had bell peppers and onions but I'd used them up and done had a few cold beers so I used mushrooms off the Blackstone with a couple armadillo eggs left over. Now I'm full and lazy.

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_183300.jpg
    IMG_20200710_183300.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200710_183321.jpg
    IMG_20200710_183321.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 5

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that all looks good! Y'all get any of that torrential rain in the storms this afternoon? It was flat pouring on this side of the ridge.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And you better watch it-you keep posting that kind of stuff, realize that I can be there in half an hour. :bounce:

deermaster13

It came down hard and the creek came up fast!! It has rained every day since we've been here. You come eat and drink a cold.one with us anytime we here. I could use the help with this fly rod fishing anyways.lol.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It came down hard and the creek came up fast!! It has rained every day since we've been here. You come eat and drink a cold.one with us anytime we here. I could use the help with this fly rod fishing anyways.lol.
How long y'all staying?

deermaster13

Sorry NC I didn't get back on here till now. We're pulling out tomorrow. We had chicken, squash, mushrooms, grilled corn on the cob with bacon wrapped asparagus and some more jalepona with that ash county cheese wrapped in bacon. I'm going have to really cut back after this week up here. We tried to fish today but I left my rock to stand on ( creeks are crowded!).

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_172838.jpg
    IMG_20200711_172838.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200711_172900.jpg
    IMG_20200711_172900.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200711_172943.jpg
    IMG_20200711_172943.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Been here since Friday night but didn't do much at all. Wife had to go back for a 24 hour shift this evening so I cooked her some chicken thighs, fresh squash, onions, bellpeppers, bacon wrapped asparagus and tater salad. I got some local mater's from a produce stand down the road and they were really good! Looking forward to a week of cooking and fishing up here in these mountains.

Good eats!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sorry NC I didn't get back on here till now. We're pulling out tomorrow. We had chicken, squash, mushrooms, grilled corn on the cob with bacon wrapped asparagus and some more jalepona with that ash county cheese wrapped in bacon. I'm going have to really cut back after this week up here. We tried to fish today but I left my rock to stand on ( creeks are crowded!).
Fantastic!!!!