Another Does God Poll.....

Does God have emotions?

• Just like Human Beings.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God's emotions are not the same as Human emotions.

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

StriperAddict

I can't check off either since people are created in the image of God and have emotions like God does, not the other way around. What I mean by that is God's love is the purest love, his anger is perfectably justified, and when His heart breaks over sin, there is no human equivalent. All that we are comes from being His creation, and when redemption comes to us through Christ, we then have a glimpse at the true nature (and emotions) of our Heavenly Father. But our emotions won't near those in eternity until we see Him face to face.

:)

Tn_Extreme

Banned
He gets angry

Grieved

loves

He laughs

Scorns

rebukes

His emotions are based on his love for us in a spiritual sense...whereas, most of our emotions are not.

GeauxLSU

I also am not sure which one to check (I thought at first the choices would be yes/no) since for example, per scripture, God has been 'angry'. Obviously humans experience anger. I just don't know that any human emotion is not influenced by our sinful nature so ..... I believe while God may experience emotions the 'same' as we TITLE them, they are not experienced the same way. This may just be an issue of symantics and/or I may just be attempting to say what Striper Addict has already said. :eek: :huh:

Double Barrel BB

From a sermon I read online.....

you can find the whole sermon here:

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/articles/impassib.htm

We must begin by acknowledging that we are all too prone to think of God in human terms. "You thought that I was just like you," God says in Psalm 50:21. "I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes" (NASB). "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9). Again and again, Scripture reminds us that the affections of God are ultimately inscrutable (cf. Ephesians 3:19; Romans 11:33)

PWalls

I'll go along with those definitions.

As much as I love my wife and children, it can not compare to the love that God is.

StriperAddict

It just needs to be said that redeemed emotions are far better than those that are not, even though they don't match those of God. We are "new creations" in Christ, and need no shame with our emotions as we walk the walk of faith.

For instance, "Be ye angry and sin not", a good example of how God desires us to be fully human... "be angry" but strive for the right reaction... "sin not". Jesus came so that we would see what God was truely like walking on earth, and as His human life was carried out, pleasing the Father, He used everything, emotions and all, to turn the world upside down.

:)