Another one in the books 22/23 season

TurkeyH90

Against my better judgement we left the house yesterday with the truck reading a balmy 81 degrees. My 8 year old was the only person I could talk into goin. My project dog has even had a stomach infection of some sort the past week but we headed to the woods anyway to put a few more in his mouth before next fall. Squirrels were not out in force like most evenings at this tract but we starting making some long trees approximately 275 to 300yds. Had the first timber into a pine after the first shot and he escaped. Treed another that timbered before we got to the tree and Rusty lost him. After that we had a few just get away. Huge trees and my son as primary shooter was a challenge. One jumped from the top and Rusty caught him. The last one nearly ran us out of shells. By then I was tired of pulling ticks off me and the dog was laying in the creek between trees. We called it a day only putting two on the box but we have had a fine season. 20230226_164256_copy_1500x2000.jpg20230226_182756_copy_1500x2000.jpg