Any Hunt With Him?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Actually met him years ago at the Annarundell BPS, even tuned my Sean Mann Eastern Shoreman.

WOODIE13

The fine is a joke

WOODIE13

Wonder the IRS didn't get him

WOODIE13

Bigearl68

All the violations I read in that article occurred during snow goose hunts. A species that in lieu of the “conservation season” continues to bloom. They’re a pest in most regards. Did he break the law? Sure, but who really cares on the wildlife side. That’s why the fines are so small. If he cheated folks out of their money that’s a different story.

WOODIE13

All the violations I read in that article occurred during snow goose hunts. A species that in lieu of the “conservation season” continues to bloom. They’re a pest in most regards. Did he break the law? Sure, but who really cares on the wildlife side. That’s why the fines are so small. If he cheated folks out of their money that’s a different story.
Wow...

Bigearl68

Hey it’s not much different than being required to have a hunting license to kill wild hogs. An terribly destructive species that cause billions of dollars in damage every year.
I personally know a gentleman who was invited across the state line into S.C. To kill some hogs. He thought nothing of it but the warden sure wrote him a citation for hunting without a license. Doing the the warden and the citizens of Carolina and was given a ticket.

WOODIE13

Bet he wasn't on a year federal probation when he shot the hogs or from a vehicle towing a trailer with other shooters in it on a main road.

The citation was close to $250 I bet

Resica

Hey it’s not much different than being required to have a hunting license to kill wild hogs. An terribly destructive species that cause billions of dollars in damage every year.
I personally know a gentleman who was invited across the state line into S.C. To kill some hogs. He thought nothing of it but the warden sure wrote him a citation for hunting without a license. Doing the the warden and the citizens of Carolina and was given a ticket.
Why did he think nothing of it? Required to have a license and didn't know?

WOODIE13

Guess we can drive without tags, inspection stickers and driver's license too.

chase870

Possum Sox
Guess we can drive without tags, inspection stickers and driver's license too.
You absolutely can and the fines and punishment are not nearly as strong as they were in the 80's. Matter of fact I have not seen a Judge or DA with enough stones to prosecute and convict someone as a Habitual violator and put them in prison in years

WOODIE13

I would like to hear his side of the story. Most agencies are begging hunters to kill snow geese by any legal means possible.
Key word "legal"

specialk

sounds like the guy was a bad seed from way back...looks like they threw the book at him....

specialk

i never knew snow geese were such a problem....

WOODIE13

i never knew snow geese were such a problem....
Used to be awful, but the spring conservation season has put a pretty good dent in them from talking to guides in KS, MO and SD. The eastern population fails in comparison to west of the Ohio river

Think most of his violations occurred on the eastern shore of MD, long rooted in market hunting and outlaw gunning.

Probably born in the wrong century

WOODIE13