Any Tenzing or Alps/cabelas vest users?

tknight

So I've had my H.S. vest now for about 12 years, I bought one of the turkey lounger chairs a couple years ago and it is very comfortable. The problem is, carrying the extra weight is getting old! So, thought I would look into the vest with the legs like the Tenzing or maybe the Alps or Cabelas kickstand vests. Now I know they are expensive, but the way I look at it is, the better the tools the easier the job. I'm just looking for any honest real user experience.

Thanks!

Low Gap

tenzing

The vest is great but legs are worthless. I took the frame and legs out of my vest. It works great now.

JMB

I am using the Tenzig TV14 without the legs right now in Kansas and Nebraska. I was using a Limbhanger for years, but it's getting old and warm, so I wanted to try the Tenzig.

My impression:

The Good:
-Cushion is very thick and comfortable
-Pocket layout is good both inside and out with heavy duty zippers and pulls
-Diaphgram pocket is pretty nice and easy to remove/change out
-Slate call pockets are secure and quiet
-striker pockets and sleeves are secure and out of the way
-Multiple point of contact harness conforms vest to your body when carrying a load

The Bad:
-Lots of web straps everywhere. Totally in the way if you don't cut them.
-Seat cushion is really small
-Game bag is not designed for carrying turkeys or decoys. The zipper system is terrible, they should use straps with clips. The zipper was constantly giving me problems when trying to zip up with a dead turkey
-Shoulder straps need padding

Overall I like the vest. My biggest complaint and the fact I'm probably not going to keep it is the game bag. The zipper is just awful and I do not think it will hold up over time. Also, while the pocket layout is nice, I just flat out like the Limbhanger vest better. I'll give this one two more weeks. If I don't warm up to it and decide to spend the extra cash to have a clip system installed in lieu of the zipper, it's gone.

wks41

I use the cabelas tactical tatr II vest. I ablsolutly love it. The kick stand is great. I no longer have to sit on roots at the base of the tree. It's very comfortable and make sitting still a lot easier. The vest is quality made. The only negative is, I have bad shoulders and it's difficult for me to strap the chest and back piece together. I've spent a lot of time in the woods this season and I'm glad I chose this vest.

Luke0927

I hunt some step country in the mountains but also cover a lot of ground when hunt flat land. I quite using a vest this season. I'm using a badlands pack with the 2 straps across the back I can strap the chair to securely and easily, then I have plenty of pockets for everything else.

This pack is the Stealth one if you look at their site, it has the waist strap to help support load as well.

I can snap you a pic of the setup tomorrow if you like.

tknight

I hunt some step country in the mountains but also cover a lot of ground when hunt flat land. I quite using a vest this season. I'm using a badlands pack with the 2 straps across the back I can strap the chair to securely and easily, then I have plenty of pockets for everything else.

This pack is the Stealth one if you look at their site, it has the waist strap to help support load as well.

I can snap you a pic of the setup tomorrow if you like.

Sounds good!