Anybody know

Geezer Ray

Saw an interesting review on Canik pistols. Anybody have experience with this brand. Reviews made it sound like a diamond in the ruff. Low price good quality. I don't know but .

Dub

I will say that their triggers are the best out of the box factory triggers I've felt on any striker gun....period.

A buddy bought one of their competition models....metal frame (not sure if it's aluminum or steel) and it came with a pile of stuff: perfect trigger, grip thickness inserts, optics mounting plates and high cap mags....for what appeared to be a rock solid price.

The gun is a tack driver for him.

All that being said......I simply can't bring myself to buy one due to them being Turkish made.
Same with Tisas, Girsan and the like.

I can't do it.

Bigot, biased, racist...whatever that makes me....it is what it is. I'm not gonna send my money to muslims.

frankwright

They are one of the best bargains in handguns out there.
The pistols are really good quality and have unbelievable triggers right out of the box.
I had two SFX's, still have one, and a SF Elite and have had zero problems with any of them.

Attachments

• Canik SFX Black Left.jpg
    Canik SFX Black Left.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 18

Mauser

I’ve got the tp9 SF elite. Got around 1k through it, 0 issues. Great trigger and very accurate. About the same size as a Glock 19. I love it. Coworker has 2, don’t know the models and they have been flawless as well

Adam5

I’ve always looked down on them, but now have one that I love and carry on a regular basis.

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 12

B. White

I've got a Tristar that I believe was made by Canik. It is the full size all steel version and heavy, but balances good. Haven't shot it in a while, but pretty accurate from what I remember.

1687539519258.jpeg

Hillbilly stalker

My buddy bought one 6-7 years ago round about. He loves it. It will shoot anything he feeds it. I don’t know what model it is, but it’s full size high capacity 9mm. He bought his when they were staring off around here and got his pretty cheap. I didn’t shoot it any because I thought they were butt ugly and a bottom line pistol. Yesterday I went by Academy, they have came way up in looks and the price has went thru the roof. They had their very own section of case with different models and sizes.

Big7

The Oracle
I will say that their triggers are the best out of the box factory triggers I've felt on any striker gun....period.

A buddy bought one of their competition models....metal frame (not sure if it's aluminum or steel) and it came with a pile of stuff: perfect trigger, grip thickness inserts, optics mounting plates and high cap mags....for what appeared to be a rock solid price.

The gun is a tack driver for him.

All that being said......I simply can't bring myself to buy one due to them being Turkish made.
Same with Tisas, Girsan and the like.

I can't do it.

Bigot, biased, racist...whatever that makes me....it is what it is. I'm not gonna send my money to muslims.
I got Turkish shotguns and they are excellent.

There are Canik pistol reviews and live fire videos all over YouTube and Tik Tok. All of them good.

I got way more pistols than I need but I would take a hard look at Canik if I was in the market.

Last edited:

Dub

I got Turkish shotguns and they are excellent.

There are Canik pistol reviews and live fire videos all over YouTube and Tik Tok. All of them good.

I got way more pistols than I need but I would take a hard look at Canik if I was in the market.

No thanks.

Can't do it.

Not for performance reasons....just my own prejudices.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
They are great pistols.

I have shot several of the full size caniks and was about to buy one. They have most all the options I wanted in a pistol.

I agree with others, and prefer not to buy from a Muslim country (personal reasons), but the Canik is just so great that I was gonna do it anyway. Problem is that I found a hardly used Walther Q5 that was only a few bucks more, so I went with it. 276907B2-9A3C-4826-8C59-B2D7656CDCBC.jpeg

The canik is quite popular in action shooting especially for entry level shooters. And I have seen many Canik run stages. In my estimation they are extremely reliable, easy to shoot and accurate.

If you look closely at the Q5 you can see that they are very similar. The Canik will let you leave the rear site on when you mount the optic so as far as options goes the nod goes to canik7A67CB25-17AB-49CA-98E9-C524DD3E58DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Dub

They are great pistols.

I have shot several of the full size caniks and was about to buy one. They have most all the options I wanted in a pistol.

I agree with others, and prefer not to buy from a Muslim country (personal reasons), but the Canik is just so great that I was gonna do it anyway. Problem is that I found a hardly used Q5 that was only a few bucks more, so I went with it. View attachment 1237430

The canik is quite popular in action shooting especially for entry level shooters. And I have seen many Canik run stages. In my estimation they are extremely reliable, easy to shoot and accurate.

If you look closely at the Q5 you can see that they are very similar. The Canik will let you leave the rear site on when you mount the optic so as far as options goes the nod goes to canikView attachment 1237433

The Q5 is an amazing weapon.

Grip feel & options and trigger alone are leaps and bounds above most guns. Then there are the race ready models with their features like you have there....amazing performance.

earlthegoat2

Even though I have heard nothing but good things about them, I’d just stick with pre-owned mainstream models.

bullgator

I’ve seen the CZ P-10C for $329 lately. Great deal.