Anybody tried the Blackrain sprayer nozzle

NUTT

Update

:cool:
Never done any spraying prior to plowing because I didn't have a sprayer large enough to do it. Got me a 25 gallon 1.8 gpm 60 psi sprayer and put this attachment on the back rack of the four wheeler. I get about 3 foot on each side of the 4 wheeler wide path and just follow my tracks. Sprayed two food plots totalling :banana:3 acres or so and they are dead! Just some input if anyone was considering this.

wasp

Black Rain

This was my first year spraying my plots prior to plowing I sprayed all my plots but one and yesterday I plowed the plots. I will always spray from now on it made a world of difference. I used the BlackRain sprayed on a 25 gallon tank with a 4 GPM pump spraying round up I added 5 cups of round up to 25 gallons of water and Man it was awesome the single sprayer head covered about 20 to 25 food mounted on the back of my 4 wheeler so yes Spray Spray Spray and I highly recommend the black rain spray tip.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This was my first year spraying my plots prior to plowing I sprayed all my plots but one and yesterday I plowed the plots. I will always spray from now on it made a world of difference. I used the BlackRain sprayed on a 25 gallon tank with a 4 GPM pump spraying round up I added 5 cups of round up to 25 gallons of water and Man it was awesome the single sprayer head covered about 20 to 25 food mounted on the back of my 4 wheeler so yes Spray Spray Spray and I highly recommend the black rain spray tip.

By 5 cups do you mean 5 measuring cups totaling a little over a quart ? If so have you used round up at that rate before with success?
I use 1/2 gallon of glyphosphate with my 25 gallons sprayer.

wasp

Mixture

This was my first time spraying with this set up but it worked great I got total kill on everything I sprayed .

Forest Grump

By 5 cups do you mean 5 measuring cups totaling a little over a quart ? If so have you used round up at that rate before with success?
I use 1/2 gallon of glyphosphate with my 25 gallons sprayer.

Figure how much to use based on your application rate per acre: ie if your sprayer, running at whatever speed you comfortably go, puts out 10 gal per acre, put the appropriate amount of herbicide per acre per 10 gal in your tank. Be careful using low rates of roundup for burn down, as you will select for resistance that is naturally present in some weeds. 22 oz/ac will kill a lot of plants, but for a burndown application I'd go full rate (32/ac).

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for posting. I assume you are also marketing the product too.

I have a 25 gallon sprayer that already has the boom less sprayer attachment. If I want to install yours do you sell only the screw in spray nozzle ?

Just letting everyone know that Black Rain is a all brass nozzle now, and has a lifetime warranty!

I want to ask my question from last April again. Will you sell only the nozzle and not the entire assembly?

Buckfever

Question for those who ordered one of the black rain nozzles. How long did it take for you to receive the product after ordering?

NUTT

Used mine a bunch this summer. Sprayed another future plot yesterday too! Good investment.

Latest posts