New High End Steak House. Anybody Been

georgiadawgs44

My wife and I went to one of the high end steakhouses for our anniversary several years ago. She had $100 in gift cards that was given to her and she decided to use them that night and try the Wagyu steak. I had them bring it to the table before they cooked it so we could see it. They brought the steak out along with a certificate for the steer that supplied the steak. It was good!!! But, it wasn’t the how much more it cost better than the steak I ordered. No regrets. Glad we got to try it. 1694705611910.jpeg1694705647119.jpeg1694705672689.jpeg1694705710724.jpegMy steak. 1694705763994.jpeg

Mexican Squealer

I don’t care about any gold to go with my steak but I do miss going to good steak houses like Hall’s in Charleston (before alpha gal) dry aged bone in rib-eye with lobster Mac n cheese was the bomb.

specialk

I don’t care about any gold to go with my steak but I do miss going to good steak houses like Hall’s in Charleston (before alpha gal) dry aged bone in rib-eye with lobster Mac n cheese was the bomb.

i've eaten there, great place, walked there from the francis marion...i believe you recommended it to me a few years ago when me and the wifey went,.....

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Im just too cheap for all that, i think. I bought a wagyu steak at a fancy steak house once. And it was all kinda good. Problem for me is I couldn't reconcile the price difference with what I cook at home. Cost / benefit just wasn't there.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
An inch and a half thick bone in untrimmed ribeye from Jones Country Meats, cooked over hardwood coals beside the lower Flint River, covered with wild chanterelle mushrooms gathered that same day, and a couple of ears of Ambrosia sweet corn roasted with the steak, with a cup of good Bourbon, and I would enjoy it more than I would eating one of those while suffering in atlanta.
When? I'll buy the steaks and you can have my cup of bourbon too.

gma1320

My grandpas amd mine are better than I've had from any steakhoise. As far as restaurant steaks go, Backwoods steak house in Tallapoosa had the best I've eaten. But they closed after covid.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I won’t pay the price for Wagyu, not worth it to me. That being said, Moma needs a reason to get all girly on occasion. We eat out for her to play dress up and experience foods we don’t usually cook at home.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I would put one of my steaks up against one of theirs. I ain't using no gold. It's hard to beat a good cut of meat, seared in cast iron pan with tallow from a brisket and hit with a few tablespoons of butter, garlic and a branch of rosemary at the 1st flip. I go to Longhorn's Outback or any other chain and get disappointed.

It's ALL about the crust.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A well marbled untrimmed ribeye has about as much fat as I personally want on a steak. The pictures I`ve seen of wagyu beef looks like more fat than lean. That`s just too much tallow for my taste.

Big7

The Oracle
A well marbled untrimmed ribeye has about as much fat as I personally want on a steak. The pictures I`ve seen of wagyu beef looks like more fat than lean. That`s just too much tallow for my taste.
About what I posted earlier.

I would try it just to see but like you, looks like eating a stick of lard to me

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Exactly! Its a lot like eating bacon with nothing but fat. And I guess that's why I make my own bacon. I get the chunk of meat to fat ratio I want on it.. :bounce:

I wouldn't mind reverse searing one of those things about 2 1/2 inches thick on my Masterbuilt and then finishing in a cast iron. But I would rather buy a couple Rib roasts.

Liberty

I wouldn’t go to eat, see a show, or watch a ballgame in Atlanta if they were giving it away. If you shoot somebody trying to rob you, you might wind up in jail and maybe get your truck stolen or at least the windows busted out as a bonus.

gma1320

It is open again. Not sure if it’s the same ownership as before
Good to know. Hope it hasn't changed. That was my wife and I's choice for an out to eat steak.

Oldstick

Are they absolutely sure about the 24 K gold being totally inert and safe to consume?? Gold is indeed almost chemically inert and resistant to oxidation, never losing its shine. But then so is liquid mercury.

Also consider that the only solution that will dissolve gold is a mixture of hydrochloric acid (stomach juice) and I think Nitric Acid, which I believe is found in many edible plants plus I'm sure exists at least in trace amounts in our body systems.

I hope for this tiny segment of flashy consumers it is not just another trendy but ignorant commercial promotion like this huge one: "Smoking is healthy, it aids in digestion, etc, etc", back in the early 20th century before everyone learned the real truth.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I think you are correct. An interesting read is “The Millionaire Next Door.” Outlines the life styles of the really successful. Most common vehicle driven by millionaires is an F-150 pickup.

At the time the book was written one of the most common industries of the wealthy was waste management.

Ironic. That`s what my Uncle drove.