New High End Steak House. Anybody Been

Oldstick

Mr. Chick in Cairo has one the finest steaks around .
Haven't been down there in several years since my Mom moved and sold her house. But that is a Fact, Jack! The last few times I was down there.

WaltL1

Interesting factoids -
Twenty-two to 24-karat gold is edible because — despite being a metal — it is considered chemically inert, which prevents it from being absorbed into the body at any point during consumption, according to Slate. This means that, while it might be the prettiest thing you bite down on, it will be tasteless because it can't dissolve into your mouth (via The Daily Meal). Pure gold's naturally inert nature also allows it to pass through the digestive tract without causing any harm. Twenty-four-karat gold is typically soft and malleable, usually containing silver, which can also pass through the body without being absorbed. Non-edible gold, however, can sometimes contain copper which can pose a serious health risk to the body if ingested in high quantities.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/367738/how-much-edible-gold-really-costs/

I especially like where it says its tasteless. So absolutely no reason for it other than to point at it and say look what I can afford.

tr21

They must have opened back up.I remember a post on FB saying they were closing and only doing catering.So eone might have bought it and opened back up.
just checked with a buddy of mine that lives a few miles from it and he said it's open....

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I would bet most rich people would think this is stupid and wouldn’t want anything to do with it. This for wannbes. The people going for this are poeple that really can’t afford it.
I think you are correct. An interesting read is “The Millionaire Next Door.” Outlines the life styles of the really successful. Most common vehicle driven by millionaires is an F-150 pickup.

At the time the book was written one of the most common industries of the wealthy was waste management.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I think you are correct. An interesting read is “The Millionaire Next Door.” Outlines the life styles of the really successful. Most common vehicle driven by millionaires is an F-150 pickup.

At the time the book was written one of the most common industries of the wealthy was waste management.

Sam Walton drove an old pickup IIRC. He was a billionaire.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Sam Walton drove an old pickup IIRC. He was a billionaire.
Had his hair cut in Searcy, AR, at the same shop he had used all his life.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Have any of yall ever et a gold crusted steak? Or a gold crusted anythng for that matter? Im strugglin' understanding the appeal and why somebody would pay extra $200 for sumpin might chip they teeth.......
It's just a fancy gold flake piece of nothing that has zero flavor. Thinner that a piece of air. Mostly used in deserts and maybe a fancy cocktail. I SHO don't want it on my steak.

pjciii

If I had to guess I would say it originated in Japan or SE Asia. They are just very absorbed in showing and displaying their wealth. In SE Asia at places you can still get it, they will take their whole family and will drop 10k or more on a bowl of shark fin soup. So actually gold leaf on a steak to separate them from a regular steak place does make sense.

Maybe to gold leaf will attach itself to the rappers and thugs teeth.

Latest posts