New High End Steak House. Anybody Been

tjchurch

Down on the Altamaha.
They post on Facebook when the Altamaha floods to let folks know they are still open. Till they ain’t.

hopper

I'm not that sofistimacated for a $500 steak. If I wuz I ain't splittin that Bad Boy with No won!!

blakely

We did a lot of trouble work over there, usually at night and they were always busy. We`re gonna have to try it soon.
Nic, of you go in there, talk to Gene about turkey hunting. He makes wing bone calls that are working art. He usually runs the cash register. They don't take cards so take cash with you when you go.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
another place for a good steak is Hunters Pub in Hamilton right off I-185. looks like a hole in the wall but their steaks are top notch and the fried lobster tails will curl your toes !
They have closed is what I hear.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've gotten to the point that any steak I make at home is better than any steak I can over-pay for at a fancy steakhouse. Between hand-picking a rib roast and dry aging it, cutting into steaks thick enough for my taste, and marinating with some @Paymaster rub, I just don't bother going out for steak anymore.

ryork

I enjoy quality restaurants and don't mind spending a little at one ever so often. And for me its the overall experience, the service, the drinks and the food. And ever since May of 2022, all of this is a mute point since I can't have steak anyway after contracting alpha-gal syndrome. Back when I could have a steak, I very rarely would order one at a restaurant simply because I generally would be disappointed in that I thought I could have it beat it, sometimes by a country mile or three, at home. There are two exceptions however. My absolute favorite restaurant, Cork and Cow, in Franklin TN was at least to me the best steak I've ever had anywhere, not even close. I don't know what these folks to do to a piece of meat, or anything else for that matter. They could make sauteed spinach taste like a million bucks. This was our special occasion place when we're up there. I cannot replicate it. I can get close, but it is not the same. There's no rub or anything like that on it like Longhorn's or Roadhouse uses to provide flavor, its just meat, salt and this incredible but subtle smokiness and cooked to perfection which for me means rare on the side and seared on the outside. The other would be The Garlic in New Smyrna Beach FL. They cook their steaks in an 800 degree pizza oven. Fantastic restaurant all the way around. If the alpha gal ever goes into remission, I'm going to Cork and Cow, ordering the MKT Price Tomahawk and don't care what it costs, getting the bottle of Stag Cabernet, and I'm going to sit there and savor every morsel and every drop without any regard for how long it takes. If I get to 60, seven more years, and still not in remission, I'm going to go do it anyway and let my wife jab me with two epi-pens once the anaphylaxsis begins.........

And with regards to the OP, I know the place referred to with the gold crusted steak. Never been there and never had any desire to. As someone mentioned previously, the clientele out front would be enough for me to forego the place. Have driven by it a couple of times and read something somewhere about the gold at some point.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Have any of yall ever et a gold crusted steak? Or a gold crusted anythng for that matter? Im strugglin' understanding the appeal and why somebody would pay extra $200 for sumpin might chip they teeth.......

Status symbol if I had to guess.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Have any of yall ever et a gold crusted steak? Or a gold crusted anythng for that matter? Im strugglin' understanding the appeal and why somebody would pay extra $200 for sumpin might chip they teeth.......
I have no idea why you would want to eat ground up rocks, either.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Same reason some folks will pay $500 for a bottle of Cristal champagne. So everybody can see them being all fancy.