New High End Steak House. Anybody Been

Boondocks

The best restaurant served steak in Southwest Georgia is at The Pond House down by Lake Seminole.
We will have to try The Pond House.But my vote goes to The Log Cabin in Hilton,Ga. on the Hooch.They been doing them right for years,go early or it can be a long wait on weekends.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
We will have to try The Pond House.But my vote goes to The Log Cabin in Hilton,Ga. on the Hooch.They been doing them right for years,go early or it can be a long wait on weekends.

We did a lot of trouble work over there, usually at night and they were always busy. We`re gonna have to try it soon.

Oldstick

I'm still hung up on the gold for the extra 200. Are they talking about real gold or is it some sort of top secret recipe they have?

If real, is gold actually edible and does it add some sort of ultra superior flavor??? If not what is the point of that, except for " Hey look at me, I have money to burn on a $300 golden flake steak!"

Oldstick

Ever heard the term, "More money than sense?"
They must be talking about something like edible golden sugar sprinkles as in cake decorating. $5 for a jar.

If I am not mistaken real gold is in a similar category as lead and mercury for heavy metal poisoning. But I don't know for sure. :huh:

Last edited:

bighonkinjeep

I've driven by that place a couple of times while working downtown at night and also on the way home.
I might be judging a book by its cover but just from seeing the people there I know it aint for me even if they're giving steaks away.
On a couple of occasions looked like they were having a fashion show out front with flashbulbs popping everywhere and junkie and fruity looking models wearing ludicrous outfits. Man nobody really dresses like that... ever.
Other occasions seemed to be full of rappers and their entourages complete with just walk out into traffic and block it attitudes.
Yep not a scene I'd want anything to do with.
From the outside it seems more like a place to pretend you're important rather than a place to dine and drink.

I have not been inside, but the behavior of the clientele I've seen outside would in no way cut the "fine dining experience" mustard in my book.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'm still hung up on the gold for the extra 200. Are they talking about real gold or is it some sort of top secret recipe they have?

If real, is gold actually edible and does it add some sort of ultra superior flavor??? If not what is the point of that, except for " Hey look at me, I have money to burn on a $300 golden flake steak!"
Maybe it’s for rappers? I don’t know.

pjciii

I read that they have 200 different brands of Scotch and Bourbon and Whisky. If I were were still drinking I would be so drunk that I wouldn't care how much I spent. How much 3 fingers straight up would be.

Baroque Brass

Jones does have some fine meat.It is about time to go and restock the freezer.
Maybe I need to give them another try. The last steaks I got there weren’t all that good.

Lukikus2

Its gold flakes like in Goldschlager. Just don’t eat if you have gastrointestinal problems. But it looks pretty!

Triple C

Wonder if Benton Lee's is till open down on the Altamaha River near Metter? Been almost 30 years since I had their porterhouse that spilled over the edge of the plate.

tjchurch

Wonder if Benton Lee's is till open down on the Altamaha River near Metter? Been almost 30 years since I had their porterhouse that spilled over the edge of the plate.
They are still open.