New High End Steak House. Anybody Been

Boondocks

Jones does have some fine meat.It is about time to go and restock the freezer.
An inch and a half thick bone in untrimmed ribeye from Jones Country Meats, cooked over hardwood coals beside the lower Flint River, covered with wild chanterelle mushrooms gathered that same day, and a couple of ears of Ambrosia sweet corn roasted with the steak, with a cup of good Bourbon, and I would enjoy it more than I would eating one of those while suffering in atlanta.

BassRaider

If they don't have country ham on the menu I usually don't go there. Years ago for Christmas, we took our daughter & SIL to Bones in Buckhead. It was good but no worth the cost to me. As far as this steak house, out of my league and if not already mentioned, why put gold leaf on the steak unless trying to impress? Does it add to the taste?

DynamicDennis

The steak and lobster ain't really too bad, for a high end place. Berns steakhouse was an amazing experience, but that was for our 10yr wedding anniversary. Maybe will go back again at 20, food, drinks, and service were top notch. Don't really want to get into what was spent.....

Oldstick

And to think I felt a little soreness after coughing up $35 a pound for prime (or so they claimed) rib eyes at the new meat market in Perry.

And also, won't gold give you heavy metal poisoning? Like lead. :huh: :ROFLMAO:

WaltL1

I can understand going out and splurging once in a while and spending stupid money on a meal.
Just dont expect anything better than what alot of folks can do themselves at home for a fraction of the price.

Oldstick

I know when I am feeling all frivolous I will cover the whole tab at golden corral.
Plus, I'm fairly certain that place is firmly convinced they deserve an extra hundred or more for filling your tea glass. And are going to get all butt hurt at you over it too. Unlike Golden Corral.

Last edited:

ol bob

I would have a poke salad sandwich, and a glass of raspberry cool aid, before I'd set foot in Atlanta.

Dr. Strangelove

Ignoring the gold encrusting options the menu isn't that crazy expensive. You can certainly spend that here in Athens without even trying too hard. The seafood tower at $125 seems way high for what its says you get but the rest is just what a higher end place costs these days.

Duff

Id probably pass on the $400 margarita :rofl:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Fanciest place we eat is Captain Andersons at PCB.

For a good steak I drive 2 miles to Longhorns or Texas Roadhouse at Athens.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
The best restaurant served steak in Southwest Georgia is at The Pond House down by Lake Seminole.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I've had real Wagyu twice in my life and yes it's definitely all that + basket of chips but I didn't pay for it either time.

As far as the OP I can get US Prime filets at COSTCO for half the price, cook 'em myself with a baked potato and a tossed salad and be just as full and happy with money still in my pocket. In fact I had a US Choice ribeye last night that was off the chain.
IMG_5060.jpeg