Anyone else's hunting bag gain weight by the end of the season?

kayaksteve

I seem to start out with a big organized pack with everything I could ever possibly need at the start of season. I pretty quickly start shedding weight and unused items as season progresses and I get tired of toting it. Then end up with a small pack or Fanny pack. Unless I’m going waaay back in somewhere I’ll just come out and get a pack if I get lucky and kill.

Lilly001

I clean mine out a couple times a year.
But it wants to keep growing.
I’ve tried to wean it down, but I use most of the stuff so it’s hard to leave most of it behind.

GottaGetOutdoors

Yep at last 8# of it is drinks and snacks for the grandkids LOL.
My son sent a video yesterday from the shooting house in Alabama. The video starts on a buck chasing a doe. Then he slowly pans back inside the shooting house to show my granddaughter roasting a hot dog over the Mr. Buddy heater. Later he sends another one and she's roasting a marshmallow over the heater. Made this grandpa's heart melt and proud at the same time. I would gladly tote that gear bag!

westcobbdog

My son sent a video yesterday from the shooting house in Alabama. The video starts on a buck chasing a doe. Then he slowly pans back inside the shooting house to show my granddaughter roasting a hot dog over the Mr. Buddy heater. Later he sends another one and she's roasting a marshmallow over the heater. Made this grandpa's heart melt and proud at the same time. I would gladly tote that gear bag!
Raise the metal screen on the buddy htr, use it as a grate and it will hold a small pot to boil water too if she wants hot chocolate!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Raise the metal screen on the buddy htr, use it as a grate and it will hold a small pot to boil water too if she wants hot chocolate!
I saw the buddy heater hack on YouTube and was impressed!

I think my pack was out of control til I got rid of the bladder and now go with just a bottle of hydration. I kind of have to be ready to pack out in case I get lucky so I carry a bunch of stuff. I seldom eat during the day at all so snacks stay at the truck, or just go along for the ride Somewhere in the pack. I’d say in general, my pack actually gets lighter as the season progresses. My truck on the other hand, gets way heavier :bounce:

Shadow11

Mine used to get heavier, but I think it may have gotten lighter this for losing things. I've lost a glove, a facemask, a flash light, and a new grunt call this year.

I did find my grunt call yesterday when squirrel hunting tho. Something got ahold of it and tried to eat it, lol!!!

Screenshot_2024-01-21-10-18-30.png

furtaker

I carry as little as I can to the woods. Too much junk that I never use gets in my way. A lot of times I don't even carry a bag. Just put a few things in my pockets and a grunt call around my neck.

Buckstop

Mine has I guess. Used to just stuff the few items in the cargo pockets of my pants. But got tired of locating all the stuff I'd take every sit. Started using a fanny pack but it got cramped. When it finally gave out, I bought a sling style pack this year. I still try my best to keep it down to the stuff that gets used. But the added room really invites added weight.