Anyone reloading 10mm?

ringorock

Just got in a case of 220 gr rim rock hard cast and have some long shot. Anyone have load data for this pairing?

Also, do I need the push thru dies for bulging brass, or can I just use my standard lee dies? I have plenty of brass that aren't bulged, but everyone that comes out of the glock are shelved until I can figure out how to resize them

Any other wisdom would be much appreciated.

fauxferret

You can usually get away with them in a Glock for unbulged brass. Even if it’s minor I’ve never had an issue running it through the carbide sizing die. I don’t have data on a 220 leadhead might try Hodgdons reloading page they have tons of reloading data. Longshot is a great and versatile powder call it Loud shot as a joke seems to resonate just a tad louder. If you’re chasing velocity blue dot will get you there safer.

deerslayer357

I load longshot in 10mm, but using 180 grn Precision delta jhp’s. I am running 9.2 grains and averaging 1330 FPS. There is room to increase a little bit but I don’t see a need.

I looked back and Hodgdon has 9.5 listed as max with a 180 xtp at 1287 fps. I am shooting a long slide TRP to get my numbers.

Last edited:

Adam5

I use standard Hornady nitride dies. I’ve loaded 155gr XTP over 9.0gr of CFE-P, and 180gr XTP over both 11.7gr and 11.0 of Accurate #7.
With 11.7gr of Accurate #7 the loads are a little on the hot side, but my RIA 1911 is heavily sprung and doesn’t seem to care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

treemanjohn

Banned
Bears. I travel everywhere in the 49s. Do a lot of hiking and fishing.
I'm going to guess you'll be in the low 7gr's with accurate. Getting in to the mid 7's will more than likely be getting close to max. A chronograph will help guide you

I typically shoot 180 hard cast for bear.

jnorton

I've been loading 10mm for about a year now. Using mostly Longshot and 180 grainers. I've got a S&W 610. I load standard brass and form my own rimmed cases from 41 special. I've got some test rounds loaded up with 200 grainers, but haven't been able to get to the range with it lately.

Dub

I've been loading 10mm for about a year now. Using mostly Longshot and 180 grainers. I've got a S&W 610. I load standard brass and form my own rimmed cases from 41 special. I've got some test rounds loaded up with 200 grainers, but haven't been able to get to the range with it lately.

Gotta love having a 10mm wheelgun that'll dispose of any "overly warm" loads I find while working up loads for the 10mm 1911's & G40.

By "overly warm", not meaning overpressure signs....just a bit too much slide velocity.

No bullet pulling....just gonna let the 610 eat 'em up. :rofl:

rosewood

I run all my 10mm 40 and 357 sig brass thru the Lee bulge buster. Evens out the cases and then makes the sizing step even easier.

The Lee factory crimp die is what you use to push the brass thru. Just take guts out and need a punch in place of shell plate.

Love longshot.

Rosewood

Reactions: Dub

frankwright

I have been loading 10mm for a good while 7-8 years at least.
When I started loading 200 grn bullets were not available anywhere so I tried 180gr and have always stuck with it and it has done everything I wanted it to do.
I tried some Blue Dot but Longshot is my go to powder.
I load for a G40 that I hunt with, had a G29 but recently bought the XDM 3.8" for a woods walking gun.
I like 10mm and glad to see it seems to be more popular than ever.