Anyone use these 6.5 ammo?

fiddlinduke

I use the 147 grain eld. Have yet to kill anything with it to see how it performs on an animal, but it groups well enough for me

thumper523

I use it and it is the most accurate round I've tried. Works really well on deer.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I would like to try the new 6.5 PRC as well as the 300 PRC. I am curious how it really compares to the 6.5 Creedmoor and the .260. I didn't know of that many rifle makers that were chambering rifles in it yet. Didn't Hornady get SAAMI approval around the first of the year?

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
What load data are you using to load 123SSTs? I only see loading info from Hornady for 3 loads and they are 140, 143, and 147 gr bullets and some of those run up to 3150 fps.

Hornady is only factory loading 2 that I can find, the 143 ELD-X and the 147 ELD-M

Jester896

Senior Clown
I am not sure which one either. I was surprised to see several shooting the 6.5PRC. Knocking on the door of 68 gr of Retumbo seems kind of slow at 3150...then I look at the 143s are only 50 fps slower with 59.3 gr

175rltw

BANNED
I think you better get a rifle built for it if you want to try it. No one is clambering 65pRC yet. Maybe ruger. All I’ve seen are customs. I shot some 147eldM handloads out of a new build at collllier rifles the other week. Typical joe Collier accuracy. No idea what the powder charge was or how fast the bullets were going. Recoil was modest like 280 vs 7mm08

Jester896

Senior Clown
Christensen Arms $2K
GA Precision Templar Hunter through Cabela's $4,799

It seems to be closer to my 6.5 WSM.
However i don't think that is what this thread is about.

175rltw

BANNED
I don’t think the PRC has quite the giddyup of the 65wsm

So what’s this about if he’s not asking about running 6.5 PRC? 143 eldx’s in general? Not the 6.5 PRC? Hornady precision hunter ammo?

I like 143 ELD’s at creedmoor speeds if I’m using them on game.

175rltw

BANNED
Hey man- I’m just asking not arguing. I’m confused here.

Looks like you are scratching your head too

Last edited: