Are there any good cycle salvage yards near Columbus, GA?

Lonesome00

I have searched for cycle Salvage yards via the interweb, but did not have much success. Most of the numbers I called are no longer in business or the number goes some where else. I have found most “good” cycle salvage yards do not advertise. You just have to know where they are. Does any one here know if any around Columbus, GA. I am right on the Bama border so I can head over there as well. I also do not mind driving a little ways if I have to. Please shoot me the name, location, and number is possible.

Lonesome00

I have called them a few times. It seems like they never have what I need. Some one was telling me there are some others in this area but I cannot find them.

Lonesome00

A little farther than I was hoping for but it would be a nice day trip. Thanks for the link.

Backlasher82

Might want to call Steves' and get some prices before you ride down there, they're pretty proud of their stuff.

Lonesome00

I hate those places. I went to one where I dug a carb out of the dirt. I noticed a peace of hose sticking up. It just happened to be the carb I was looking for. On a good day this was maybe a $20 part when working and ready to bolt on. I was going to have to rebiuld this one at the very least. They guy behind the counter said $250. What is wrong with some people?

BriarPatch99

they're pretty proud of their stuff
Got that right...:bounce:

They do have a lot of different parts ... but if I can get it at the dealer ... I'll just pay the dealer price ... but sometimes you just can't find the parts you need elsewhere ...