looking for a charity foundation

tr21

I'm fixing to have my will drawn up and am looking for a charity that takes terminally ill youngsters on hunting or fishing trips to leave my money to. I know many of these 10-20% goes to the cause and the rest to the ones running the charity, thats not what I'm looking for. I know the NWTF has one but have been told by a friend who is in the hunting business that they have more money than they know what to do with and he is helping me look for the right charity but I wanted to see if anyone here has any suggestions to throw into my options. we are talking about a large amount of money. and before you come back with you can leave it to me, don't even waste your time writing that ! In 2005 just before my mother passed away from cancer we discussed this and I told her if I was the last one of our family this is where our money would be left to and she agreed that would be good. so please let me know if you know of any charity's that do what I'm looking for !

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Take a Warrior Fishing / C.A.S.T. for Kids Foundation

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This site can be helpful is finding out info on how much the charity gives and keeps for overhead.

Toliver

That's an awesome thing to do. I don't personally but here's 2 to check into to see if they meet your expectations. Just a screen shot so don't try to click.

Screenshot_20230708_180431_Chrome.jpg

tr21

thanks you all I think Toliver had 2 of what I'm looking for (y)

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s a mighty fine thing to do . I agree with the others that have been mentioned. Good luck finding the right one. It isn’t directed towards terminally ill kids but 30-30 ministries is a great Christian based organization that takes kids on hunts.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Thank you @tr21. I am not personally familiar with the sort of organization you seek but you can get some help here:
guidestar.org
charitynavigator.org
give.org

When you have your choices narrowed down the IRS website might be of help also. Many of the 501(3)(c) orginazitions have their 990 forms available on that site. They will show things like officer salaries, cash flow, and a balance sheet.

apps.irs.gov/app/eos/

Thank you @tr21. I am not personally familiar with the sort of organization you seek but you can get some help here:
guidestar.org
charitynavigator.org
give.org

When you have your choices narrowed down the IRS website might be of help also. Many of the 501(3)(c) orginazitions have their 990 forms available on that site. They will show things like officer salaries, cash flow, and a balance sheet.

apps.irs.gov/app/eos/
Great info here

hipster dufus

The federal CFC campaign every yr lists charities operating costs by percentage. Must be another listing out there. Once the costs get above 20% I stay away. God bless you

tr21

guidestar.org
charitynavigator.org
give.org

apps.irs.gov/app/eos/
the site that @Ruger#3 suggested seemed to do a good job of rating them. thanks for all your suggestions everybody.