Arken Optics?

Dub

Got this monsta mounted this afternoon.

Events of the day are too late to shoot it....did play around in the backyard. Really looking forward to some range time.

Two preexisting mild apprehensions were immediately put to rest when I got into it.

1) Didn't know if this 56mm model would fit in the cantilever mount that I wanted to use on the AR15. Tabletop fitting looked promising.....and the clearance was ample once mounted to rail. (y)

2) There is a screw plug on the bottom plate of each of the Arken scopes I've handled. It's offset at an angle. I didn't think it would create clearance issues when using rings over a bolt action.....but wasn't sure how it'd fit on a cantilever mount.
It did contact the mount if I canted the scope below level on port side. No worries if level. (y)

Jim Boyd

Events of the day are too late to shoot it....did play around in the backyard. Really looking forward to some range time.

Two preexisting mild apprehensions were immediately put to rest when I got into it.

1) Didn't know if this 56mm model would fit in the cantilever mount that I wanted to use on the AR15. Tabletop fitting looked promising.....and the clearance was ample once mounted to rail. (y)

2) There is a screw plug on the bottom plate of each of the Arken scopes I've handled. It's offset at an angle. I didn't think it would create clearance issues when using rings over a bolt action.....but wasn't sure how it'd fit on a cantilever mount.
It did contact the mount if I canted the scope below level on port side. No worries if level. (y)

Wow!

Wow!

Reactions: Dub

Jim Boyd

Looks great. Sweet rig.

Two pounds of scope will def take something out of the recoil.

I knew that device protruded from the bottom of the scope. Not sure what it is.

Looking forward to your reports.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Looks like most of the 120-125 grain bullets have about 55” drop at 500 yards.
I think it may drop a shade more than that...all of it is somewhere around 12 MOA depending on the atmospheric conditions

Also, from some things I have read, it may not be feasible to get a 100 yard zero with 20 MOA rail??
stop reading that:cool:

I def want a 100 yard zero (1” high)

no real need for that when you have an open turret...you bought a scope you could dial up for a 200 yard shot.

Last edited:

Dub

Looks great. Sweet rig.

Two pounds of scope will def take something out of the recoil.

I knew that device protruded from the bottom of the scope. Not sure what it is.

Looking forward to your reports.

Thank you.

I'm very relieved the the cantilever mount worked with the 56mm objective. Would have had to punt and rethink things otherwise.

I think it's going to be a really fun rifle.

I'm estimating the rifle weight at ~ 8.5 lbs....then add the scope/mount, bipod and sling.....she's gonna be a mild-mannered big girl with the 6.5 Grendel. May not be much fun toting her around, though. :bounce:

Work schedule is gonna get in the way of range time until next week.

Jim Boyd

@Dub

You were right, that scope is a monster.

The rings appear to be heavy duty also.

I am immediately worried about the reticle for hunting, however. I am thinking even in daylight I am gonna have to run the illumination unless I run the power sky high (gonna have to find a deer that will stand still).

The reticle is very fine. It is not nearly as cluttered as I feared, though.

Okay, the project begins.

Thanks, guys, for all the input!

Jim Boyd

Installed

Definitely heavy and clunky.

May try to shoot it this weekend.

Wife has a girls weekend and I am gonna park it the farm, starting Friday afternoon.

Reports to come.

B91C5053-037A-45BE-8834-6143DE85CDCE.jpeg

Dub

Looking forward to to seeing how you like shooting with it.

Good to see you ready to go.

SC Hunter

Looking forward to seeing a range report on this. I handled a howa mini a week or two ago that a buddy bought and it felt good.

Jester896

Senior Clown
that is the thing I mentioned that I don't care for in FFP scopes. When you turn the power down the reticle gets smaller...just can't get beyond that myself.

Jim Boyd

Looking forward to to seeing how you like shooting with it.

Good to see you ready to go.

I think the Boyd’s stock may arrive tomorrow.

Think I will shoot a bit with the plastic stock and see if I can get the rifle sighted in.

Then bed the action into the laminated stock and see what / if anything changes.

Got plenty of work to do at farm but would love some range time, as well.

Jim Boyd

The stock did arrive and the action is bedded in.

Rifle is soft and the stock is a dream.

Scope screams for accuracy.

Never dealt with power like that. At 25x I can watch my heart beat. Scary!

Shot a deer with and it worked fine.

It is a great scope BUT it is going for sale or going on a target only rifle.

superb target scope for that price range.

Hunting… the eye box is tight - that is my only complaint.

For the prices, I dont think you can beat them!!!!!