HVAC duct cleaning

TJay

Has anyone ever had this done? We built this house in 2018 and it seems really dusty to me and I was wondering if it would help to have the hvac ducts cleaned. I've seen a lot of ads and heard differing opinions on it's effectiveness so I thought I'd check here and see if anyone had any real world experience one way or the other.

greg_n_clayton

I would determine where the dust originates 1st thing. Dust from carpet is the reason I hate carpet. It seems in my opinion to start creating dust after a few years !

Toliver

I wish someone would tell the dust in my house that there isn't one inch of carpet on the floor. I've also been wondering if I should pay someone to come in and clean ducts. It's ridiculous how often we have to dust the house.

westcobbdog

Has anyone ever had this done? We built this house in 2018 and it seems really dusty to me and I was wondering if it would help to have the hvac ducts cleaned. I've seen a lot of ads and heard differing opinions on it's effectiveness so I thought I'd check here and see if anyone had any real world experience one way or the other.
A seller of mine just picked zero rez to clean their 2 yr old house and had good results. The only thing is it is a good idea to also clean the furnace coil too, and a regular co can't do that.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
If you have popcorn ceilings you will never get rid of the dust unless you paint them.
Never heard that, are you saying the ceiling gives off dust??

au7126

I had the HVAC install a Heavy 4 inch filter in the house we built in 2018. We had lived in house a few months and the dust was really reduced. The company that did the install had recommended this in another house they were replacing the system. I have a lot of allergies and it helps with that also.
Filters are not at every big box store but most supply houses will sell to you
If anyone is interested PM me and will share the installer

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I added a Honeywell 20X25X4 filter box to my air mover. The increased filter area catches a lot more dust. It’s easier on your mover fan as well.51D5B54E-59B5-4F97-BB7D-CE95220E0AE8.jpeg

Firescooby

We had it done late last year. I used a company out of Blairesville. Cost was $500 for our small house (1500 sq ft). House was built in 2001/2002. Original HVAC system was replaced around 2015 or so.

I was surprised and impressed at some of the stuff that came out and the process. They stuck a long "snake" into each supply and return and the end has soft ends that spin around when air is applied to the hose.

Was it worth it? Who knows. We didn't have a major dust problem, but after seeing the stuff that came out, I'm glad I did it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Has anyone ever had this done?

Yes and it was worth the money. If your house is dusty maybe it's time to upgrade the filter on the air handler?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
A seller of mine just picked zero rez to clean their 2 yr old house and had good results. The only thing is it is a good idea to also clean the furnace coil too, and a regular co can't do that.
This is a truthful statement.
It sorta like changing the oil in your car but only changing 2 quarts and not the filter.

Latest posts