Arrow weight suggestions

AllAmerican

This post will generate a lot of different opinions and weight recommendations. I tinkered and still tinker with carbon, and aluminum. I have some limited wood arrow experience, but I find myself gravitating to aluminum arrows.

SAWTOOTH has a proven track of wooden arrow success, I'd listen to him.

Good luck.

Todd Cook

If you want to shoot wood( excellent choice,by the way) think spine before weight. 50 pounds, depending on your draw length would be a good place to start. I shoot cedar and Douglas fir. There is a good bit( maybe 100 grains) of difference in weight between the 2, but I've never noticed a difference in penetration between them. I worry about how they fly, as in spinning like a top.

All things being equal,carbon will out penetrate wood. But I've never felt handicapped by it. If they fly true and don't wobble, they'll do bad things when they get there. Just my opinion.

bownutz

I know you mentioned wood, but Full length gamegetter 500's with 150 up front would fly great full length probably.

Al33

For woodies I suggest rear tapered shafts. If your bow has a B-50 or B-55 dacron string start with 50-55# spine shafts. If it has a FF string, up it by ten pounds. Really hard to say for sure because every bow is a little different. Trial and error can be your friend. :)