New Guy - More Questions

HIGH COUNTRY

I tend to do better if I shoot one arrow, and go get it. Also, I am starting to take a short break after five to ten arrows. Ive noticed after fifteen to twenty arrows in a row, my accuracy or consistency gets worse.

Do you concentrate more on getting every single arrow in the kill zone, or do you put more focus on grouping like I did with a compound - Im thinking getting every single arrow somewhere in the kill zone is more important for hunting... May be splitting a fine point too much here (hey thats a good pun).

Finally got the concept after nine weeks about rotating the shoulder for structural alignment, I didnt realize that all these years I was pulling back compound with front of shoulder smaller muscles - may be part of reason for shoulder issues all these years.

I am at a point where I am going to quit watching you tube videos, and just focus on my basics. I am using the arrow now to touch under my eye, and still working on a better release - after three days of challenging shooting with changes, it seemed to kick in yesterday if I can make habit strength...

Wow, it is a journey... Challenging to say the least but still addictive and fun.

HIGH COUNTRY

Thank you! That makes sense for sure...

Been shooting now about ten weeks, still working hard shooting almost every day - Actually I get yup and shoot about twenty at daybreak before I go to work and then again when the hot sun finally starts setting. I am committed, gave the one year old compound, hha sight, and scott release to my seventeen year old grandson to upgrade him... guess I can take that back - Ha!!!

Antfinn88

Come to the north georgia traditional shoot this Saturday and I promise you one of those guys will get you shooting great. I was shooting a compound last season. Switched to a trad bow right before this turkey season. I joined Traditional bowhunters of georgia after that and I can't begin to tell you how helpful those guys are. There's gonna be a ton of knowledge up there Saturday and it's also the last shoot until hunting season is over.

Thread 'North Georgia Traditional Archery Club Championship Shoot' http://forum.gon.com/threads/north-georgia-traditional-archery-club-championship-shoot.1041148/

HIGH COUNTRY

Thanks!!!

Hey they have blemished Rhinehart deer targets still at Big Jims, picking up one for me and one for my grandson, - esp if you can pick them up and avoid the high shipping costs...

i had one til I shot it out, I like the larger core replaceable area, better tyhan the cheaper big box store 3d targets.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got four foam targets. All four are completely worn out. I’ll need to replace them before I start back shooting my recurve around November after a two year period of surgeries.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
When I started making my own arrows, I stopped trying to shoot tight groups. :)

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I shoot just as good with my cedar arrows as I do with my cane arrows as I can with my carbon arrows out of my recurve. I prefer my Osage bow with cane arrows and I’m more focused on the first shot and making a lethal shot than any thing else.

splatek

UAEC
Man ain’t that the truth.
A “good” group could mean you gotta make a bunch more pointy sticks.

I’m disappointed bc my knapped point bow ain’t shooting the way I want it. Only got a few more weeks of tinkering