Atheism: It begins in our breakfast

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Thought there was a bit of good natured ribbing present in this article and some of you may enjoy it.

Link: http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheism-It-begins-in-our-breakfast-20140707

Atheism: It begins in our breakfast

07 July 2014, 14:36
Today I came to the conclusion that an abnormal build-up of cerebrospinal fluids within the brain of an atheist can cause an intense inclination toward irrationality leading to conversations of total irrelevance and blundered scientific facts. Something that comes to mind as I’m writing this article is that of their theory of the earth being a result of a cosmic accident. Consider for a moment the earth coming into existence through a cosmic blast powerful enough to infuse within its centre a deathly flaming core. Now, if I had that same build-up of cerebrospinal fluids I’d be hoping the sun does not explode out of chance as well at any moment, burning to a crisp my body: resting in peace my soul. But then again I’d have no soul as a soul doth not exist. This is what I believe as an atheist and in this I find comfort. In the core of my evolution I find solace. I’m joyful towards the fact that I’m gladdened in my worth as being the same as dirt.
Having been created by evolutions processes by means of modern organisms having descended upon us from ancient ancestors, I’d constantly be living and thinking in survival mode which would also clarify my passionate craving for H2O. I don’t use the term H2O loosely because intellectual superiority was infused within by the same evolutionary processes that also formed the snail, bringing about a substantially larger intelligence incapable of understanding that what the creationists termed water.
As I browsed the web this evening, pondering a typical day in the life of an atheist, I came across a rather interesting article about an atheist seeing evidence of the big bang in a piece of toast while grabbing a quick bite to eat one morning.
Atheist sees evidence of Big Bang in piece of toast
Excitement is growing in the Northern England town of Huddersfield following news that local atheist Donald Chapman saw an image of the Big-Bang in a piece of toast. In an exclusive interview with "The Huddersfield Express" Chapman, 36 explained that he was sitting down to eat breakfast when an unusual toast pattern caught his eye.
"I was just about to spread the butter when I noticed a small hole in the middle of the bread surrounded by a burnt black ring," said Chapman. "Then the direction and splatter pattern of the crumbs caught my eye - they were flowing outward from the centre of the black hole and their shades were changing as distance from the centre grew - a perfect match to the non-linear patterns that followed the Big-Bang. It's the beginning of the world - right there in my breakfast!"
As Chapman attained copyright on the pieces of toast moments after he made the discovery in order for future university curriculums to be credited to his name, I unfortunately cannot display the images here as well without giving proper credit to the site I copied this section from. In order to view these scientific finds please follow the link in recognition of this site - http://www.andfaraway.net/blog/2008/02/14/man-sees-image-of-big-bang-in-a-piece-of-toast/
Ever since news of the discovery made national headlines, local hoteliers have been overwhelmed by an influx of atheists from all over the country who have flocked to Huddersfield to catch a glimpse of the scientific relic. "I have always been an Atheist and to see my unbelief validated on a piece of toast is truly astounding," exclaimed one guest at the Huddersfield Arms hotel.
To the surprise of many, the UK Atheist Association has asked its members to ignore the story despite its potential to inspire less faith. "Given what the religious believe already, this is an easy sell," complained one disgruntled activist who said he was going to Huddersfield anyway noting that "Seeing is not believing."
The irrelevance of an Atheistic world-view
In conclusion to this article I reiterate the first point I made regarding the abnormal build-up of cerebrospinal fluids on the brain of an atheist. For the sake of the layman cerebrospinal fluids simply refers to these literati of people as having excessive amounts of water on the brain. The build-up is often caused by an obstruction which prevents proper fluid drainage – an obstruction undoubtedly caused by a typical power surge somewhere along the ranks of their evolutionary processes. The type of damage to the brain can cause headaches, vomiting, blurred vision, cognitive problems, and walking difficulties which can lead to fatalities if left untreated.
In order to treat a condition such as this successfully a few scenarios does exist – for the sake of closing this writing lets briefly examine only one:
Atheists follow out what they believe. Therefore there is no reason for living at all, because they just live on an extremely dangerous planet, with an extremely dangerous universe, with zero hope for anything at all. There is no moral distinction between any actions at all, and murder is just as equal as kindness in relation to morality, because in their worldview there is no such thing. And they have no explanation for something like when someone prays for something and it actually happens other than by ‘chance’.”
This statement will undoubtedly lead some atheists commenting in ways such as this: “You are so ignorant. I have never met someone so ridiculously ignorant. You are not even worth my time. I obviously have an extremely smart and thought out objection to this statement of yours but I find no need to tell it to you. You probably wouldn’t understand. You are not open-minded enough. It would surely make you melt where you are sitting. All I have to say to you is that you are filled with fallacies and should go back to the third grade!”
The cure to this cerebrospinal fluid build-up lies in their ability to either listen to reason or to storm away angrily at this point. Staying and listening will be the first step in releasing some of those pressures on the brain. Storming away fuming will merely increase their headaches to greater degrees and also contribute to the walking difficulties they might be experiencing...
*** Later on during the week I’ll try to post an article on atheists contemplating a march to the relevant authorities to deliver a petition to abolish Murphy’s Law.

660griz

Therefore there is no reason for living at all, because they just live on an extremely dangerous planet, with an extremely dangerous universe, with zero hope for anything at all. There is no moral distinction between any actions at all, and murder is just as equal as kindness in relation to morality, because in their worldview there is no such thing. And they have no explanation for something like when someone prays for something and it actually happens other than by ‘chance’.”
All of this has been explained and communicated countless times. Seems to be right out of the Christian playbook on Atheist.
Sorry, but that, along with other stuff in your playbook is just plain lies.
Good for Christian pep rallies but, that is it.

WaltL1

Well there is 5 minutes of my life that I cant get back. Its just another garbage article that plays on a Christians beliefs.
And the Big Bang in the toast thing comes from a satire website which he conveniently doesn't mention and purposely gives you a different link.
http://satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html
Its actually making fun of Christians claims of the same sort.

SemperFiDawg

And the Big Bang in the toast thing comes from a satire website which he conveniently doesn't mention and purposely gives you a different link.
http://satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html
Its actually making fun of Christians claims of the same sort.

I caught the satire and despite being a Christian was still able to smile.( Imagine that!!!). In fact you may have a hard time believing this, but quiet a few of us think it's very odd(as in embarrassingly odd) when someone sees Christ's, the Virgin Mary's, St. Peter's etc. image in a jar of peanut butter, shadows cast by a street light, or a 3 year olds finger painting on the carpet.

ambush80

I caught the satire and despite being a Christian was still able to smile.( Imagine that!!!). In fact you may have a hard time believing this, but quiet a few of us think it's very odd(as in embarrassingly odd) when someone sees Christ's, the Virgin Mary's, St. Peter's etc. image in a jar of peanut butter, shadows cast by a street light, or a 3 year olds finger painting on the carpet.

I don't know why. It's as clear as the curls in a nautilus or the spots on a trout or the Goldilocks Zone or any of the other undeniable, plain as day "proofs" of the "hand of God".

A sign is a sign. If I think the hair on a dogs behind looks like the Shroud of Turin who are you to tell me that it isn't God himself speaking directly to me.

If you're gonna allow ghosts and demons then you're gonna have to allow this:

Attachments

• shroud of turin.jpg
    shroud of turin.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 177

SemperFiDawg

I don't know why. It's as clear as the curls in a nautilus or the spots on a trout or the Goldilocks Zone or any of the other undeniable, plain as day "proofs" of the "hand of God".

A sign is a sign. If I think the hair on a dogs behind looks like the Shroud of Turin who are you to tell me that it isn't God himself speaking directly to me.

Saw one of those once but it's ears were longer and had pronghorn antlers.

Israel

BANNED

I not only have less than zero problem "allowing that", I receive it. (I receive it is a sometimes over used perhaps, idiom, by some)...nevertheless...
Who is anyone to tell you God isn't speaking to you?
I for one would have to deny the faith to agree with that. But then it does make it a little bit of an unkind stretch to lay upon your brothers, if one were to say "I don't believe there's a God, you know, the one I just said was speaking to me". Cause, you get the inference, right? Most of us can't live in that land of seeming contradiction...yet.

WaltL1

I actually don't find it any wackier than talking donkeys or men living inside fish. They are all hinged on believing it because you want to.

WaltL1

Even for a morally bankrupt nonbeliever I find that to be just not right :bounce:

Israel

BANNED
Even for a morally bankrupt nonbeliever I find that to be just not right :bounce:
Seriously Walt...what's not right about it?

SemperFiDawg

I actually don't find it any wackier than talking donkeys or men living inside fish. They are all hinged on believing it because you want to.

As opposed to believing something because you don't want to? Sorry never seen that. All beliefs are self serving to some degree.......yours as well as mine.

WaltL1

Last edited:

WaltL1

As opposed to believing something because you don't want to? Sorry never seen that. All beliefs are self serving to some degree.......yours as well as mine.
Theres a number of things that I believe that I don't want to. Some things are true/false whether we want to believe them or not.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
If a dogs butt hole looked like Hitlers face I would be fine with it :rofl:

:rofl:

But, it is a very funny pic. I think folks spottin' Jesus in corn flakes is funny too. For one.......what did Jesus look like (insert "baby Jesus" clip from Taledega nights here.....)

Day trip

But there is truth. Not one statement that will summarize all of the universe but a much more complicated and intricate interwoven syncitium of laws that govern our universe. In other words, the world makes sense. If we could understand all of the variables, everything is predictable and repeatable.

The problem is that everyone gets one small little glimpse of the truth and then thinks they have the whole thing figured out. So they go, "Eureka! I've got it! and they start arguing. Absolutely certain that they are right and anyone else is wrong. And they are often right about the small piece of the puzzle they see, but they see such a small quantity of truth, it would be like describing a giraffe in intricate detail by only seeing one spot.

You have to admire our enthusiasm.

Let me give a small example. All the young externs and students who come to work at an office, they have a small amount of knowledge and experience. Very little practical knowledge, most of it from a book. Then they see one case. Something they've read about or where lectured on. From that one case, they deduce that they now know every possible thing there is to know about the problem. One will announce their understanding, so proud that they've got it. Then another (who saw the exact same case) will say, "no! You've got it wrong!" And then explain their understanding as they see it. The whole time the experienced senior clinician, sits back quietly, letting them argue, knowing that talking and explaining will bring them no closer to the truth. For what each one saw from their points of view IS the truth. But to see the whole picture, they must humble themselves. Look at all the facts and details. See the case many, many times, looking at all the variables and how they affected the case. Then at some point, without realizing it, they understand what is true. Then they can handle that case in the future, no matter how it presents. But that's just one case. There are millions if not more different cases. But each learning process, being so intricately related teaches you about the whole system to some degree.

So if we would be patient, not forming opinions too quickly and keep open minds, we can discover the truth. If we live long enough. (Now you guys are going to love this) For a head start, read the bible. Not asking anyone to believe anything. I personally have yet to find one word that I understand that isn't absolutely true. There is plenty that I don't understand and so I simple leave that alone. It is just amazing to me to read something that was written by a person, thousands of years ago that tells me in their own words, something I worked so hard to discover on my own.

SemperFiDawg

Theres a number of things that I believe that I don't want to. Some things are true/false whether we want to believe them or not.

There are a number of things I believe that I don't like, but in the end I have the free will to accept them or reject them, hence I have to either want or not want to accept them. I had a great uncle that believe it or not, would not accept that the world was round. No kidding. He did not want to accept it. Free will is the power to either accept or reject a proposition. You still have to WANT to accept even the obvious, no matter how unpalatable, or you may not WANT to and reject it.

WaltL1

There are a number of things I believe that I don't like, but in the end I have the free will to accept them or reject them, hence I have to either want or not want to accept them. I had a great uncle that believe it or not, would not accept that the world was round. No kidding. He did not want to accept it. Free will is the power to either accept or reject a proposition. You still have to WANT to accept even the obvious, no matter how unpalatable, or you may not WANT to and reject it.
I get what you are saying but for me personally I view it differently. I TRY (not always successful) to remove what I want or don't want to believe from the scenario.
For example as an Agnostic, what If I WANT to believe that Christians are just stupid? I would have to ignore all the intelligent conversations that I have had with various Christians. Sure I have the free will to ignore the intelligent conversations and believe what I want but that is just lying to myself to support what I already want to think.
I would end up being ignorant about a whole lot of subjects. On purpose.

Israel

BANNED
I get what you are saying but for me personally I view it differently. I TRY (not always successful) to remove what I want or don't want to believe from the scenario.
For example as an Agnostic, what If I WANT to believe that Christians are just stupid? I would have to ignore all the intelligent conversations that I have had with various Christians. Sure I have the free will to ignore the intelligent conversations and believe what I want but that is just lying to myself to support what I already want to think.
I would end up being ignorant about a whole lot of subjects. On purpose.
How much simpler it is to deal with caricatures than real people. We can shade them in our minds to whatever degree we care, (applying to "believers" as much as unbelievers)
Ignorant, (OK, who wants to cross intellectual swords with CS Lewis...?)
deceitful and intransigent (OK, who wants to read Chris Hitchens essay on "That Which Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"...written candidly as cancer ravaged his body and a deep rethinking of bragodocio occured)

Frankly, I am wonderfully blessed to be at the point where I no longer feel compelled to entertain every word that comes my way. A man who extends the merest possibility of respect, I will endeavor to meet with the same. If you think all christians are knuckle dragging ludites, fine...have at it, but it's a fool's earrand for me to try to show I'm anything less than a dolt, so I'll have to let that conversation take place without me.
Likewise, if a christian, and you believe those who don't hold the KJV 1611 on a pedestal, well, I'll also be free to let that convo slide elsewhere.

If one doesn't see the possibility of rethinking any position, (which doesn't necessarily mean abandoning conviction), but may include a further enlightenment of what the truth of that position may mean...well, then...we will just keep both ourselves locked up, and seek to keep others bound.

When I was younger and more stupid than I am now, being "set for the defense of the gospel" inculded a diligent searching out for even the merest hint of contradiction, never realizing the hope was more for "battle" than reconciliation...but young stupid men are jammed full of urine and vinegar.
Now, I am discovering the defense of the gosepl actually has something to do with the gospel. And not with men trying to conquer others.