Subway is trying to kill me

zedex

Gator Bait
Stopped by subway to get a sammich... a foot long cold cut combo, white Italian bread.

I like mine with shredded cheese and bacon, then toasted and add the cold cuts and garden stuff.

So, I told the very cute gal what I wanted. When she was spreading the cheese out, she asked me if I wanted basic bacon or full deal bacon.

I asked what is that. She said basic is 4 slices and full deal is 12 slices. I thought about that a moment.

I think 4 is enough and told her I'm not much in the mood for a cardiac event. Fella next to me giggles a bit.

She finishes building the sammich and is ready to cash me out. I ask her, "if I had gotten the full deal, how much extra would that be?"

She looks on the computer and says "basic is a dollar extra. Full deal is 2 dollars. But for 3 bucks, we double the full deal"..

WHAT??? For 3 bucks, i can get 24 slices of bacon??

"Yep", she says, with a big smile.

I cant even buy a 10 piece pack of bacon from the grocery store for less than 9 dollars.

Had i known this deal, going in, i would have ordered 2 sammiches with double deal bacon, stripped the bacon off and had bacon breakfasts for a week.

Really, though, how many people eat that much bacon in one sitting??? You eat a couple of those and you'll be on the subway to the cemetery..

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Ima go to Subway and get a 24 slice 12" BLT.

I haven't eaten there in a few years, but I'm always down for extra bacon and I need the triglycerides and cholesterol.

zedex

Gator Bait
Ima go to Subway and get a 24 slice 12" BLT.

I haven't eaten there in a few years, but I'm always down for extra bacon and I need the triglycerides and cholesterol.
Good luck, my man. Should we go ahead and get the am-bee-lance headed your way?

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Good luck, my man. Should we go ahead and get the am-bee-lance headed your way?

I used to be an EMT. If things go sideways I'll do CPR on myself.

It's my ace in the hole.

Lukikus2

Soy meat goes back to the 70's. Probably sampled all their meat products for twenty years. With some products you wouldn't have a clue.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If bacon would kill you, I would have died 40 years ago. Don’t fear good food. Beans and tofu and kale will kill you.