ATV GroundHog Disc Plow

mbrobinson1

I just wanted to let everyone know that I purchased one of the ATV GroundHog plows awhile back. I have used it on my Polaris 500 to plow my food plots at the club and it works great! It's small enought to get into the deep woods without incident, but it gets the job done. I know that a couple of guys had posted that they thought it was to small to do any good plowing, but I just thought I should let everyone know that I have one and it gets the job done.

Derek

now is the time for you guys to get one of these from us because in a month or so they will probably be coming out in the BPS catalog and stores........PM me for a great deal on one.

Derek

Here is a few action pics

Attachments

• Actioncloseup.jpg
    Actioncloseup.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 6,353
  • IMG007.JPG
    IMG007.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 6,305
  • IMG022.JPG
    IMG022.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 6,817

gadeerwoman

Derek, from the pix it looks like the ground had already been tilled with something earlier. Got any pix of a 'first time' harrowing? Would like to see how it does in a spot that hasn't been tilled before (such as lanes thru planted pines in a non-sandy soil type).

Derek

The pictures you see where of a pasture that was about a foot high in grass before. I also emailed you a short video for you to see it in action. We are in the process of working on a new video for it.

Derek

duckbill

Derek, I'd like to see it as well. A buddy just bought an ATV disk and we're heading up in a few weeks to try it out. His is not the same model, but I'd still like to see it. I may be interested in one of yours.
Thanks

Last edited:

Derek

Please PM me your email address if you would like me to send you the short video action clip of the ATV Groundhog.

Derek

mat280

ground hog

after Derek sending me the short video on the ground hog mini disc I sent him a check. Looks like something that will work for my needs.
Can't wait to try this thing out. I will be sure to let all at woodys just how this thing works. :banana: keep this thread at the top

Attachments

• Copy of plowcloseup.jpg
    Copy of plowcloseup.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 9,791

mat280

like my new ground hog

with alittle work on the mount I used the thing today. After some getting use to how it works I turned up some ground.This thing is prefect for those places way back where most people don't go. If you can get there on your 4/wheeler you can make a plot. It works!!!!!!!!!! Here is what I did today in about 2-1/2 hours.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF1566.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1566.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 6,063
  • Copy of DSCF1567.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1567.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 6,043
  • Copy of DSCF1568.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1568.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 6,085
  • Copy of DSCF1571.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1571.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 5,764
  • Copy of DSCF1572.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1572.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 7,327

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Do you think you were able to get deep enough? Also when you try it on virgin ground get the same pics. Looks like it worked great.

Jim

Nugefan

Cool tool...

for such a small item...looks like it does the job :clap:

mat280

depth

Jim, I think with a little time you can get as deep as you want. It just takes a few more passes. You can't really tell in the pictures but alot of what I did was broke up to the depth of approx.4 inches. The pictures before and after are of the same ground.
Wifewontletmehunt I used a Rancher ES 350 4x4. This little disc requires a 4x4.

Lostoutlaw

Tiller

Derek where about in monroe you at monroe ga or County I would like to see and price one of those also

Derek

Keep em coming boys......the main thing that we are trying to do is to get some people to buy them and try them out so that they can spread the good word about how great they work. And about how much easier they are to work with than all of the other ATV pull behind plows on the market.

Jim, how deep do you need to get it to plant a food plot? 3-4 inches should be plenty deep enough to plant any kind of seed. You can go as deep as you want its just a matter of how many times you have to go over it.

Derek

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Derek said:
Jim, how deep do you need to get it to plant a food plot? 3-4 inches should be plenty deep enough to plant any kind of seed. You can go as deep as you want its just a matter of how many times you have to go over it.

Derek

The deeper you can turn the soil the better the plot will be over time. Especially on virgin ground. What is your web link again Derek?

Jim