Atv

splinter17

I got a square area cut out of thick tall weeds and shrubs to park my atv. It can only be seen if you're at the base of my tower.

Doesn't bother the deer, in my area.

j_seph

Do ya'll strategically have multiple parking spots for the wind as well so the ATV smell doesn't effect your hunt?
All of our guys walk, there is this one fella across the highway though, every morning he's there you can hear him riding in and he has to be a 1/2 mile away.

Junkyarddawg724

Parked literally next to the ladder stand last year. Nephew I was hunting with shot an 8 pointer at 40 yards about 20 minutes later.

??‍♂️

Not to say it's optimal, but it wasn't a game changer in this particular scenario.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It all depends on your place and your neighbors. I could park my 4 wheeler 50 yards from my stand. And still see a slew of deer. I park my wheeler 1000 yards from my main stand but yet, I let my Dad drive wherever he wants and he still see's a ton of deer.

Too many people get so wrapped on on this and it's silly. If you can't walk to your stand, hunt off of it. Just get in the woods!

People ask about moons, time, rut... GET IN THE WOODS! and sit.

The "BEST" time to hunt is when you can sit still.

The "BEST" time to hunt is when you can. Just get in the woods. If you sit in camp "pondering".. Quit. Go sit!

Jim Boyd

The deer at my farm could give a rip about the ATV

You guys worry about the wrong things.

I blow them out far worse when I walk to the stand. Did it today, blew 11 out.

I sit in the stand. An ATV goes by an adjacent farm. Deer leave for 2-3 minutes.

Pay attention and watch. Be objective and observant.

Good luck.

ThatredneckguyJamie

The deer at my farm could give a rip about the ATV

You guys worry about the wrong things.

I blow them out far worse when I walk to the stand. Did it today, blew 11 out.

I sit in the stand. An ATV goes by an adjacent farm. Deer leave for 2-3 minutes.

Pay attention and watch. Be objective and observant.

Good luck.
This...deer have gotten so accustomed to ATV's, cars, and machinery that often times they will lay down right there until it passes and then go about whatever they were doing, I've watched it happen multiple times..You walk by that same deer and he may haul tail out of that area and not come back for hours

brunofishing

This...deer have gotten so accustomed to ATV's, cars, and machinery that often times they will lay down right there until it passes and then go about whatever they were doing, I've watched it happen multiple times..You walk by that same deer and he may haul tail out of that area and not come back for hours
Seen it happen alot!

Bear10

Parked my side by side that had a chainsaw and gas in the bed within 50 yards of my stand Saturday morning, saw 15 deer and 7 turkeys. I believe critters become use to something that doesn’t threaten them. I rarely pull the trigger, the older I get, the more I enjoy watching nature, that is until big boy walks out ?.